Lorcan

How Do I Become Unbreakable? I Want To Become A Willpower Machine.

9 posts in this topic

"To create a society that maximises the happiness and minimises the suffering in one’s life as much as possible, while being as practical and functional as possible, while having a society that is as high consciousness as possible. Not a bullshit Paradise. A Strong,Healthy, High-Consciousness, and Happy Society that is fully functional and fully sustainable"

To become a revolutionary/visionary and create or help create this.This sounds perfect to me. This is my grand goal in living. This is so beautiful. I can vizualize what it might be like but it has to be beautiful and almost definately the way forward for mankind.I have not drawn up any plans of how it might work. I can only imagine and vizualize very very vaguely of what it might be like. 

The accomplish such a feat, I need to be committed, I need to have massive amounts of will-power, I need to turn in-wards and develop myself, raise my conscioussness to a high sage/borderline sage like level to reduce the chances of not accomplishing what I set out to do, or worse, creating even more ignorance or suffering in my wake then there was when I started.

Right now I am 15 years old with weakish will-power, little physhical strength and stamina, mediocre eating habits and a tiny amount of knowledge relative to individuals like Leo. However. I wish to seek truth.

I want to change all of this. I want to become Unbreakable, un-faltering, un-wavering. I want to have crazy amounts of willpower. 

How do I do this?

I have watched Leo Video on Willpower. 

To what extent should I resist being implusive, meditate, exercise, do breathing techniques, and take right action?

If I want to build as much willpower as possible how should I meditate. Should I make meditation as difficult as possible? I tried meditating in tempratures of 7-10 degrees celsius with some windchill here only wearing a t-shirt on my upper body, and I sat for an hour. I managed to keep this up for 5 days for an hour each day until I finally backslided.

Where is in comparison I had a meditation habit going for a month and a half with 20 minutes each day and sometimes 40 minutes wearing clothing that kept me comforably warm before I eventually backslided.

Likewise with exercise. Should I keep intensity of the exercise sessions high or low?

Does more suffering equal more growth? I know I used to say to myself when I had a decent cold shower habit that Fear of Suffering is worse then suffering itself. Also, how do I remain content/happy while exerting large amounts of willpower to avoid breaking and losing morale which leads to backsliding.

Is the trick simply to "Do it"?   What is the best course of action? I fear that I am falling into a trap, or will fall into trap.

Edited by Lorcan

You should make meditation comfortable. If you do it in an unpleasant way, you will likely quit any time you hit a bump in your motivation. If you keep trying to build a meditation habit, and then quit, you are just training your mind to give up. Idealy meditation should be something you like and look forward to. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

I think that goal will come about by itself in the far future, as more people become aware of their consiousness. Being interested in this kind of knowledge at your age gives you a huge advantage over the kids around you. Be confident that your pretty much guaranteeing your success.

@Lorcan 

How Do I Become Unbreakable? I Want To Become A Willpower Machine.

Awesome, I have a similar vision as yours! The key is strong foundational thinking habits to begin with. You might be bombarded with ideas, writing them out creates a storage of knowledge outside yourself, which leaves more room to work on your habits.

I have some good morning routine habits, I always wake up at 6 and I start by reading my important habit building notes, you train your subconscious to remember these notes and they will become your guidelines eventually. This is my current note:

Five simple rules that make your game change

1.       Categorize your wants

I.            Why am I doing this?

2.       Self-awareness

I.            What am I doing right now?

II.            Am I free to do this?

III.            Is there anything else that would be a better utilisation of this time?

3.       Audit your company

I.            Defend the quality of my product against agents of deterioration! (other people)

4.       Start considering the consequences

I.            How do my feelings affect my day and life?

II.            Stop feeling the need of being important and happy all the time!

III.            Release habits of momentary joy and empower the right behaviours!

5.       Stay away from anything associated with the word cool.

I.            The meaning of cool becomes what any person chooses it to be.

II.            Do what makes sense to me.

It’s from this YouTube video:

This makes me more productive. Every time I do something like watching snapchat or something, I will remember my notes and I become aware of what I’m doing. I will think about my vision and start working. Remembering is the habit and starting to work on the important stuff from that moment on requires will power. When you start doing your work, it feels like a small victory.

This might be difficult to start adopting, but eventually you don’t require much will power at all. Something I also do is planning my week, this way you have an overview of what your weekly goals are. I recommend planning a couple of things a day with minimal expectations, over time you get used to it and start doing more stuff and eventually it becomes second nature, just like every habit. As Leo says ‘’take little baby steps’’.

Your brain needs practise, doing something like this will become stronger then sheer willpower. Just like studying, who would be more successful, the version of you that uses sheer willpower to learn something in a day or the version of you that habitually trains his studying habits?

Good luck!

It's great you have a grand vision of what you want, but make sure to break it down into smaller chunks. That way you won't get overwhelmed by it all.

It's not about doing all these great big things. It starts with the small daily habits you can implement. 

Are you meditating every single day? If you are not at least start doing that.

Are you exercising on a regular basis? It doesn't have to be super intense, but at least 3 - 4 times a week with the level of intensity that causes you to break a sweat and gets you worked up, but not overdone where you can't walk the next day.

It starts with these small habits. It seems you are over thinking and analyzing all of this. Yes, the trick is to simply just do it. Take action and don't try to over analyze everything.

On the flip side, some people never can get themselves to do anything until they go through an intense level of suffering and pain. I hope you don't have to go this route, but there are so many things out of our control in life.

Check out this interview with David Goggins. A man who developed incredible will power: