Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anirban657

How Do I Convince My Therapist To Let Me Meditate?

8 posts in this topic

My therapists in the hospital have asked me to not meditate because they think it is causing me emotional problems. 

Truth of the matter is that meditation is helping me be mindful of my emotions. It helps my mind stay calm and relaxed. 

I recently had an rage episode at a time I was going through depressing for many days. This is the reason I have to do therapy.

When I stopped meditation for 2 weeks my emotions took over my state of mind. I felt like shit and I had craving for low conscious habits and addictions which I had been working on for months to face. Not meditating is the thing that is causing me emotional problems. I feel like my therapists and family does not understand me. I am being pressured by so many people.

I even tried doing the Sedona method while I had stopped meditation but Sedona Method alone could not do much. I still felt like shit.

What can I tell them to convince them to let me meditate? What would you say to any therapist or doctor or your parents? 

Edited by Anirban657

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

you can't. society is not ready to understand the depth of a human being yet.

meditation is not making you angry. it's making you conscious of the anger that you've been building inside of you and that affects the way you think, speak and act.

what would i do? i would be completely self-responsible and stop seeing a therapist.
what i recommend that you do: search for another therapist. look for one who can perform a more humanized approach. look for a therapist who can listen to what you feel without judging you.

unborn Truth

As I might reported before, I've been to a retreat where someone was advised by the teacher not to attend the meditation sessions and go into nature instead. Only you can judge if meditation overwhelms and destabilizes you in such a way that it would be good to take it a bit more easy. So there might be cases where the advise of the therapist is actually helpful.

Let go of every person that tells you how to live, even when you clearly tells them that you will do  what the fuck you want.

Easy solution, hard to pull of though.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"Your life is your life, don't let it be clubbed into dank submission"

-Charles Bukowski

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Ask your therapist for a coherent reason for you stopping meditation.  If he makes any sort of scientific claim ask for evidence of his claim in peer reviewed literature.  If he fails to do either of these things then don't listen to his dumb ass.  

Therapists are usually not that rigorously educated and often not emotionally intelligent enough to really make reasonable suggestions to clients about their life.  They often work best as "accepting, listening ears," someone who you can unload all your emotional problems on without fear of judgment.  

Edited by Heart of Space

@Heart of Space When I mentioned meditation to my therapist he looked like a question mark, lol.
It's sad that they don't got knowledge of it. But I guess it's getting more common. But slooowly.
Mindfulness/meditation seems to be introduced more and more in different treatment methods it seems like.
But will the time ever come when kids will be introduced to it in school I wonder.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

1 hour ago, sgn said:

But will the time ever come when kids will be introduced to it in school I wonder.

it's off-topic but it's important to be spread: it is happening.

unborn Truth