Peter Zemskov

Putin & Russia On Spiral Dynamics

15 posts in this topic

On what stage of Spiral Dynamics is Putin and all Russia in general? As a russian this question bothers and interests me a lot. I already have some guesses but I'm not sure...

Putin seems to be on the stage that is family/tribe oriented: purple. Look how many of his friends are getting rich.

Russia in general hmm, good question, probably we are moving from blue to orange.

Edited by Privet

I always thought that he is on stage red. He looks like a warlord and he does whatever it takes to get what he wants. He's a bit like a dictator. 

I agree that Russia is moving from stage blue to stage orange. But what really freaks me out is that why we are having one of the worst leaders when we are not the worst people. We are normal people but we have a very bad president. Why? Почему?! 

@Peter Zemskov Because our country was building for communism almost whole 20th century, then we suddenly became capitalists. Such a big system as government has big momentum, it can't be rebuild right away (google: homeostasis), takes some mistakes and worng turns. This, plus people were not allowed to participate in politics for decades therefore they have no experience in that and choose wrong people.

Edited by Privet

Don't mistake the type - probably an Enneagram 8 with psychopathic tendencies (like most politicians) - for the stage. Putin could very well be more orange than one might think initially. Russia in general I would say is more blue with red and orange elements.

Not an fan of either Putin or Trump, but I don't think you should underestimate either of them. To think that they got where they are now by luck alone is unwise. I do also find them in stage orange, more money/power orientated. Not the biggest on the environment or people feelings aspects, aka stage green.  

Russia is kind of depressing if you go there, same goes for many of the other eastern European countries. Big place, difficult to control, lot's a sanctions that prevent growth.   

On 22.08.2017 at 3:19 AM, Clint Eastwood said:

I think he is one of the better leaders.

3 hours ago, Clint Eastwood said:

Of course, he is not a good leader.

No political wars pls.

2 hours ago, Spiral said:

To think that they got where they are now by luck alone is unwise.

If someone is smart and cunning it doesn't mean they are highly concious. Stages are about conciousness levels. Politics is about getting elected, not being concious. You get elected by being cunning, not concious.

2 hours ago, Clint Eastwood said:

But I think the problem with politics is that you don't really know what is behind the mask of the politician. 

Behaviour.

Can you even tell which one you are yourself?

I suppose I'm green.

I think you don't know enough about the person in question. 

Stop taking everything as absolute truth, it's only assumptions. Russia is very corrupt country. Most of our executives hang out between purple and red, feeding themselves and their families with public money, and Putin is the head of all this shit, he doesn't fight corruption effectively although he rules Russia for almost 18 years. Guess why he doesn't fight it? Behaviour is the key, see?

Edited by Privet

If someone looks okay from the first look it doesn't mean he is not a barbarian.

Also what's interesting, power can easily reveal your REAL level of conciousness. First you look blue and kinda good citizen, but then you get elected and here it is, you are a corrupt purple who provides for his tribe. 

I now really question that Russia is blue-orange, probably it's overestimated and actually red.

Edited by Privet

1 hour ago, Clint Eastwood said:

I think you can't draw conclusions on appearances of famous people. 

Why not? If they do some stupid shit isn't it enough to draw a conclusion? I used to think that way too, but no matter what people present to public they can't always hide their intentions. Behaviour again is the key, you can't judge by public image, public image is made to hide their intentions.

Edited by Privet

On 21.08.2017 at 9:28 PM, Privet said:

@Clint Eastwood Are you from Russia?

Извините что отвечаю так поздно. Находился в месте где нет инета. Да я из России.

as a russian, i view putin as simply a puppet of the money that the oligarchs own. he has his views and policies and might be proposing a nationalistic state but overall, it's up to people like abramovich which laws come to pass and what's the most beneficial cuz he's got the real power in his swiss bank accounts

Edited by Laputan Machine