Leo Gura

Are Trolls Real?

166 posts in this topic

I’m gonna bow out of this conversation for now as I feel I have nothing further to contribute at this time but look forward to seeing you elsewhere on the forums or reading the discussion on this thread if it continues.

Funny how the title of Leo’s thread can be kind of interpreted in different ways now. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Then again, perhaps we are all channeling something greater than ourselves in everything we do, say or write or create. We are all striving not just to understand all THIS but to share our understanding or lack of it with each other as well.

I'm sure our journeys and ideas will continue to evolve.

3 hours ago, Lord Bwyra said:

I’m gonna bow out of this conversation for now as I feel I have nothing further to contribute at this time but look forward to seeing you elsewhere on the forums or reading the discussion on this thread if it continues.

Funny how the title of Leo’s thread can be kind of interpreted in different ways now. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Then again, perhaps we are all channeling something greater than ourselves in everything we do, say or write or create. We are all striving not just to understand all THIS but to share our understanding or lack of it with each other as well.

I'm sure our journeys and ideas will continue to evolve.

The answer is that non-dual reality laughs at troll and real.  Troll and real are ego.  Reality ain't ego.  Reality is a-conceptual.  But even these beliefs need to eat themselves.  Sorry.  I think the lesson here is we gotta stop asking stupid conceptual questions about enlightenment.  I'm not addressing this to anybody here.  It's just an observation.  And it used to be directed at me, so that's how I really learned it.  I could be wrong.  And I make no claim to know Leo's intention for the question.  To even think that there is an answer or even a question is egoic.  Reality just is and it is One.  Non-dualism is just that -- not two.  In non-dualism the question isn't how thin we should slice the baloney, it's where we should lock away the knife. 

I think it's really healthy to assume that we are all wrong about enlightenment.  If nothing else, it prevents tainting the beautiful thing that non-dual reality is.  Being humble about conceptualizing enlightenment is a good practice.  I assume I am wrong in everything I say here.  And it doesn't matter at all.  What matters is BE-ing non-dual reality.  So long as I can do that, I could care less what is said about it by me or by anyone else.  It's all just like birds squawking in the background while I am sitting here trying to enjoy a nice steak dinner.  Like that.  I'd rather be reality than be right any day.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

31 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Don't ever regret that, it was totally eye opening for many. And I mean in the end the people that wanna debate are always gonna find an excuse to do so, whether it's psychedelics, the paranormal, enlightenment or something else. But they're just a part of your audience, many others have benefited greatly from your talks on psychedelics etc, you just don't hear from them as strongly.

These threads always go the same way:

1. Leo posts some weird shit
2. people stuck in naive realist paradigm get triggered
3. debate on nature of reality/non-duality ensues; everyone else that was interested in the original topic just leaves

The same exact thing happened with the law of one thread and other threads.

Although perhaps the goal of the thread was also to provoke this type of reaction. But the thing is I'm afraid the people that wanna debate are never gonna wake up by further debating, they will just keep going on and on until the debate ends and another one starts somewhere else. And the only people that remain in the discussion are always the ones that got triggered by the topic, and everyone else just leaves. Sort of a catch-22.

Now you get to feel right.  That's what everyone else is doing too -- trying to feel right.  The ego is all around us.  We all got a bit of it in us.  Look closely.  You don't have any evidence that anyone left, you just made that up.  Let's be careful about not elevating ourselves on a high-horse without good cause.  We all suffer from ego.  We should be compassionate not accusatory towards each other.  None of gets to be the righteous one.  That tack rubs me the wrong way because it is disingenuous.  I also don't think Leo gets to be the arbiter of who is enlightened or not.  That's a little bit pretentious assuming his *judgment* was not made tongue in cheek.  Humility is a nice virtue to cultivate especially with enlightenment.  The last thing you want to have is your ego wrapped up in enlightenment. That would be a really bad problem.  Like trying to diet while eating chocolate-covered bacon.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm starting to regret telling you about psychedelics because it just makes you skeptical of me.

And its a good thing that people are skeptical of you. It would be terrible if we all just believed you as gospel, because then you wouldn't be raising high consciousness people in the first place. 

On 19/8/2017 at 6:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

There is no standard by which to say that something is real or unreal.

I-believe-in-everything-until-its-dispro

Gonna lock this one, since I think we've beaten this dead horse long enough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.