Loreena

Why Do You Want Enlightenment ?

33 posts in this topic

Leo says in his latest video that even after enlightenment, you'd still have your addictions and annoyances and emotional issues. And you would still need to work on them post enlightenment. So essentially it means Enlightenment isn't solving your problems. 

The question arises, why would you need Enlightenment ? What purpose does it serve ? 

Give your own reasons why you think Enlightenment would help you and in what ways would it make a difference in your life ?

Think. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I mentioned it in one of my other posts: in order to even be able to work on those issues, you need to stabilize in no-self.

If you still have an ego, it won't let a lot of that repressed material come up.

After Enlightenment there is no you. Questions like "How it will serve me?" are really irrelevant. There will be no ego to benefit from Enlightenment.

You should change your whole approach to it. Ego based motivaton won't bring you enlightenment.

@Danda The question was why do you seek it  ?

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

@Danda The question was why do you seek it  ?

I think everybody has deep inside desire for truth/Truth. The only way to get it is Enlightenment. It is the only way how you can be truly happy. These problems like addictions and so on aren't really your problems anymore after Enlightenment. And you will work on them because of insipration not despirston. Everything will become perfect and you will create not repair.

56 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Enlightenment isn't solving your problems

Enlightenment will not solve your problem but it will make you non-serious about the problem.

You will not suffer mentally.

Maybe the question wasn't phrased properly. 

Let me rephrase it this way ::

Please  state all your personal reasons why you're seeking enlightenment in your life  ? 

Preferably list them if you can 

Edited by Loreena

-End to suffering

-Not wasting a moment of this life I've been given. Being able to enjoy every bit of it

- Answering the deep burning desire of wanting to know who I am

That's basically it for me

Edited by Max_V

"If I can free myself, I can free the world."

The deeper I go into my practice, I've never really experienced enlightenment experiences as 100% peaceful and happy.

But it's different somehow. Better in a different way. 

I explained once in my journal that it was like two people listening to the same music. Even if it's the same, one can think it's good and the other would think it's bad. The deeper I go into this, the more negative emotions like fear, anger or sadness would be something I call good or bad. And even the idea of certain emotions being intristically good or bad is as subjective as listening to music. At my best, it seems just as neutral as any other bodily sensation — like a slight itch, pressure or tingling. 

Sadness for example isn't really "Damn it! I want it to go away! Why are I being so stupid?" It's more like "A feeling of lower energy, of unmotivation, of lost and of tiredness." Anxiety isn't "Stop! Stop! What the hell! Why can't I do this right?". It's more of "A rapid movement in thoughts and feelings, a nervous energy in my legs jumping, a faster movement in my breathing and more blinking." It's a hell lot more manageable even if it's still there if you ask me. 

Even if isn't perfect, life has generally become a lot more peaceful. Much of my own insecurities and anxieties are gone. It's awesome really. Years ago, I wouldn't believe in being able to get a taste of this deep satisfaction and peacefulness at all, much less that it lasts for much of the day. Maybe it's less that enlightenment experiences directly allowed this — than it allowed a better awareness of my emotional state. And you can't solve a problem without awareness of it.

Another thing is to simply know the truth. I explained before in my journal that it was like a newborn baby. A newborn baby wouldn't see a teddy bear as a teddy bear or hear a nursery rhyme as a nursery rhyme. While he still has an ability to distinguish sensations  like hunger to cry himself out — lots of other sensory experiences are just blended together — because he has no language to divide these experiences. That's why it's explained that "Everything is one."

I'm not enlightened but by the enlightenment experiences I had — I get to understand things without assumptions. Without cultural assumptions, spiritual assumptions, reality assumptions, past assumptions, political assumptions, moral assumptions and so on. And when I see those experiences, it tells me if what I believe in is really founded on something legitimate. And these allow to make better decisions in life thanks to better beliefs. And really, I just wanted to understand for the sake of understanding.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

i didn't have a choice. it was a painful and happy accident. i was too attached to my ex before her bipolar outbreak. one day she tried to hang me with her own hands.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@Loreena I am having a very different experience. The clarity of the illusion & the absolute,  and the illusion that is my emotions, made it laughably easy to choose in regards to health and well being. There is no experience  of permanent enlightenment without properly creating it. The foundation is as important as the breakthrough, they are not seperate. I don't see annoying people or situations. I don't see problems. I see opportunities, people who don't know and are stuck in the causation, and a world that is overflowing with adventure and paths. I don't have the experience of who I was. He died. I don't have a 'central' personality to return to anymore. Nor would I want to. I'm flow and there are no bread crumbs. I don't experience the flip flop of pure connection with all, and then separatism, or "me", "mine" thinking anymore. Nothing is mine, it's a fucking illusion, and it's my illusion. Money has never come easier, marriage has never been more satisfying and exciting. Dadding is blowing my mind!!!! My kids are enlightened masters!!! Who knew?! LOL!!

Be aware of where your mind goes after reading this. Some will call me a lier, some will blow it off, some won't comprehend it, some will conflate, some will simply project, some will want to ask questions but won't due to internal fear denial, some will see this as all ego!!!!!!!!....see?....we are all experiencing what we perceive. Don't listen to me though, I'm CRAZY

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

i didn't have a choice. it was a painful and happy accident. i was too attached to my ex before her bipolar outbreak. one day she tried to hand me with her own hands.

Sorry could you clarify ??  Did you mean to say that she tried to hang you with her hands ?

33 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Sorry could you clarify ??  Did you mean to say that she tried to hang you with her hands ?

yeah, typo.

she entered in a state of frenzy. she would take her clothes off, hit people, scream at them, throw stones at them, throw herself in front of cars. at some point i put my hands in front of my face and surrendered completely. i had never felt so impotent and incapable. it felt like crying but deep inside i was screaming like a helpless child. and then it hit me. all of a sudden i felt a profound relief. i couldn't identify myself with the situation anymore. i was just there and had nothing to do with any of it. since then i've been living in this state of perfect lucidity.

unborn Truth

I would say define waking up, as waking up.

It's the big shift that happens instantly, and you realize that you are nobody and that this is a dream, and it's not some insight or intellectual thing, it's a huge shock and a knowing. Being a mess still continues if you were a mess before, but it can probably quickly be changed as you are not really afraid to let go off emotions anymore afaik.

Enlightenment is being completely purified (and knowing that you are nobody), having been saturated in that light that you exist as embodied love and have let go of all baggage, and you radiate that literally physically.

And to my research, despite there being great finishes of the old and being completely into the luminous, both waking up and living as light will keep on deepening forever.

love or silence

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

yeah, typo.

she entered in a state of frenzy. she would take her clothes off, hit people, scream at them, throw stones at them, throw herself in front of cars. at some point i put my hands in front of my face and surrendered completely. i had never felt so impotent and incapable. it felt like crying but deep inside i was screaming like a helpless child. and then it hit me. all of a sudden i felt a profound relief. i couldn't identify myself with the situation anymore. i was just there and had nothing to do with any of it. since then i've been living in this state of perfect lucidity.

Ok, that's it, I need a crazy girlfriend RIGHT NOW !

Edited by Shin

If you want the moon, do not hide from the night
If you want a rose, do not run from the thorns
If you want love, do not hide from yourself

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Ok, that's it, I need a crazy girlfriend now !

1. work consistently to develop a strong attachment to something that's going to change abruptly
  2. feel the deepest pain ever
  3. profit

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

unborn Truth

I've heard that most enlightened Gurus kept in excentric addictions to luxury, drugs or material goods in purpose to remain in a mundane level and identified with the self otherwise if they were fully enlightened they would merge in absolute infinity and couldnt teach anything to other humans.

@Loreena The stuff being taught about enlightenment, no self, egoless, nothingness, "you are nothing" and the rest of the dogmatic rhetoric that people claim to be "truth" are the very things that often distract someone from just being present in the moment and accepting what is as it is.... so let go of it all and just be.

Edited by SOUL

Ask yourself. What did Buzz Lightyear gained after his enligthment? Realization is more than enough and that would help you solve your other issues cause you are not wasting your energy and attention in mundane things.

Edited by ansimuz