Fredrik Andersson

Why Do You Want To Help People?

24 posts in this topic

I don't know my answer, still contemplating this..  
But its an inspiring and important question. So whats your answer, whats true for you?

Because doing anything else seems pointless at this point.

Once you unplug yourself from the Matrix, those Matrixy activities seem ridiculous.

Because I'm wanna show I'm great........ really great great person :P

I wanna be fucking Jesus Christ. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

4 hours ago, Loreena said:

Because I'm wanna show I'm great........ really great great person :P

I wanna be fucking Jesus Christ. 

@Loreena hahaha :D 

Edited by Fredrik Andersson

The feeling of giving back from a place of abundance without alterior motives is one of the purest, best feelings you can have in life.  The joy of giving back.  I imagine this is what parents or teachers must feel like at times too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I used to be someone who never really felt close to anyone. Barely ever felt warmth to anyone. And barely any connection to even my family, a long time friend or a group. 

And I thought — why should I? Each time I've make friends, they'd fail to interest me as much as my own solitary intellectual hobbies. I didn't know love. . . so what I did was follow my own curiosities.

That was until my mental health problems grew so bad — I had no where to turn to than ask for help. I had volunteer listeners come to take care of me — I thought all this was all an illogical distraction from finding some way to solve my issues. But it drew me in — maybe somewhere in there I wanted to know why people thought so highly of love and friendship. And even if it took months for much of anything relevant to arise — I kept going.

I distrusted them. I distrusted everyone after all — I rarely ever shared secrets with anyone before. And I talked with the assumption that they were all going to turn on me and they were all going to hate me. But for some reason — they listened, and listened with patience, and listened with acceptance. And if only for a few moments — I'd experience a new feeling — a warm feeling when I talked to them. "What's that?" I asked. "Oh, that's connection." Then I got embarassed.

Ever since then, I've been gradually getting better at this thing. Until I found that I simply liked almost everyone and those I disliked were only for a short period of time. I freak out from time to time — mostly because as it increases, it's ridiculously unfamiliar. For example, I've been missing people lately including this forum. And what the hell I don't miss people.

I guess I just wanted someone to experience the happiness I felt from all those damn nice ass volunteers.

Eh. Oh well. Let's see what happens next.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

I like to help people because I love the energy that comes back from it. You feel it instantly. I feed on it, like a vampire. I crave more and more. I think that if everyone felt that way, the world would be a much better place. Instead, many people feed on negative energy, unaware that they are doing so. I used to be that person, but I decided to change. 

I get help: 1) from my peers in my education 2) from my family and best friends when I got depressed or demotivated 3) from my mentors for my carrier improvement. So, I feel very happy and I always feel like, there are many people who can help when someone is in need. So, I also want to be one out of many. I am not only taking help from someone, but also helping others too. The feeling of helping someone is great because I know how happy and great full they are. I feel the  same when someone helped me ? (A small note, it doesn't have to be same for all people)

Because we need a reason ? xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

If we all did our part, it will lead to this:

FB_IMG_1455784039069.jpg

Then this:

(Oops, it's the other way around.:D)

Truth speaks through me. it's impossible to be happy and stop happiness from reaching people around me.

the other way around works the same way: it's impossible to stop suffering from reaching people around me if i'm suffering.

unborn Truth

Hello there. thanks for starting with this helpful topic. Firstly helping the other people shows your humanity. As we all know many of the people are living in a precarious situation, so to save the humanity we should help them. So thus by simple measure like to join the organizations like this, one can help the people, who are badly in need.

Edited by KristopherVass

I like to do it.  I have had some codependency issues in the past so I have to be careful I'm doing it for them, not for me.  But I've been very lucky to have people help me over the years, sometimes without them even realising they have and I know what a good thing that was for me, so I like to do it for others and hope it gives them a little boost or improves their path a little bit, too :)

It’s the best strategy for a satisfying Life Purpose — creative contribution to a wider cause other than yourself.  Building good Karma does pay off in life, and chasing these kinds of experiences, while Egoic, is still the best way to make a living and also feel less dirty while doing it.  Nobody wants to suffer in this life through bad Karma — it sucks and it is soul-destroying, as we all know.  You’ll never feel fully pure making a living though, because everybody doing so is compromising their Karma while doing so to a greater or lesser extent.  But if you can meet your financial needs while minimizing this shitty effect, it makes strategic sense to do so.  I had this epiphany recently that even very noble people are still sowing bad Karma due to the fact that making money is inherently a grasping, a withholding, or taking activity where value is denied someone, often in ways that contradict the do-gooder’s original intent.  Business is nasty, but you can minimize the nastiness — but we all need to earn our livings, don’t we.  It is unfair to society and others to leach off of their wealth like lousy parasites.  So there you have it, we are in a deep conundrum with business.  We want to stand like noble men, not snot-nosed boys in this chosen, created life.  We gotta compromise very carefully through this minefield, which we have the capacity to do — by mindfully implementing Life Purpose strategies in our lives.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There's no reason actually. It's pointless.

But you can help others depending on your ideology or religion.

Because it makes me feel like a Jedi. (not kidding :D )

Because I don't want them to suffer like I suffered

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

On 8/14/2017 at 9:09 PM, Fredrik Andersson said:

I don't know my answer, still contemplating this..  
But its an inspiring and important question. So whats your answer, whats true for you?

There is no other...to help others is to help oneself.  Also, the way is Love, Truth, Harmony, and Unity...and and so if I can spread Love, Truth, Harmony, and Unity, I will.  If in increasing Love, Truth, Harmony, and Unity is called "helping others"...so be it. 

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel