Frankie

How To Do Visualization Right?!?

5 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I've begun with a daily visualization routine and have researched [nearly] every information in the internet about this but some questions are still open. I know that there is no real "research" about this topic so just answer how you do this practice and what you would recommend.

1. Should I visualize the end goal or rather the process of getting there? I.e. playing in a giant concert hall (=end goal) or succeeding in practising to play the guitar better than Hendrix at home (=process) and/or getting the next little gig (short-term goal) or something like this....?
  2. Leo recommended in his video that one should focus on one goal/area at a time per visualization session but regarding the visualization of the end goal I could merge different areas also in one big picture - like living in a huge mansion (wealth), having a collection of e-guitars which I can play sophisticated (mastery of playing), ... I could also add different people to this vision (representing networking/social success, relationships) and of course physical health, ... So can I merge goals or is it rather ineffective ending up in a big daydream?

As I'm writing these lines I'm remembering that I've daydreamed in my youth very often. So visualizing end goals could be perhaps ineffective (otherwise I would have achieved them already?) or I haven't done these visualizations regularly enough ... mmmhh .... ?

I like your/this post.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Some images/ideas/visualizations shift something deep inside you. We generally recognize those moments so clearly. It's like all of a sudden something gives life to something; that something lights up a flame in you.. those moments are so breathtakingly inspirational, your body and your inner being reacts to that.. those are the moments we create 'the life' 'the project' 'the whatever the whole thing is'.. 

I think the moment any single vision you are seeing from your soul's window -from within- out to your mind-eye, which creates that effect on your being is exactly the moment that thing is created into existence..it starts to breathe right on.

I think that sensation is the key, other than that, that will rest as a linear mental project without the 3rd dimension.

13 hours ago, Frankie said:

Hey folks,

I've begun with a daily visualization routine and have researched [nearly] every information in the internet about this but some questions are still open. I know that there is no real "research" about this topic so just answer how you do this practice and what you would recommend.

1. Should I visualize the end goal or rather the process of getting there? I.e. playing in a giant concert hall (=end goal) or succeeding in practising to play the guitar better than Hendrix at home (=process) and/or getting the next little gig (short-term goal) or something like this....?
  2. Leo recommended in his video that one should focus on one goal/area at a time per visualization session but regarding the visualization of the end goal I could merge different areas also in one big picture - like living in a huge mansion (wealth), having a collection of e-guitars which I can play sophisticated (mastery of playing), ... I could also add different people to this vision (representing networking/social success, relationships) and of course physical health, ... So can I merge goals or is it rather ineffective ending up in a big daydream?

As I'm writing these lines I'm remembering that I've daydreamed in my youth very often. So visualizing end goals could be perhaps ineffective (otherwise I would have achieved them already?) or I haven't done these visualizations regularly enough ... mmmhh .... ?

To answer number 1, your should visualize both. The process and the end goal. It is about training your subconscious. You may know how to get to the end goal, but "he" does not, and needs constant nurturing to get there. I don't see a problem with merging goals that are under the umbrella of the main goal, but you should maybe make separate sessions to focus on them in detail. 

Question, what do you see when you visualize? Can you actually see these things, or do you have to pretend to see them? I ask because my visualization sucks and have tried everything I can to even see something simple like an apple. One of my main goals in this life is to learn to think in pictures. Have you heard of image streaming? It's really neat, and would be easy for someone like you if you find visualization easy. 

2 hours ago, starsofclay said:

Question, what do you see when you visualize?

It depends. In general, I would say that I can "see" things which I create in my mind but it's a very dark and not very colourful vision. And I can "hold" the picture only for some moments before it fades away. I think this is okay - some people can dream only in b/w .... as long as I can maintain the focus on the things I'm going to visualize it's all fine I think. (although this is already a huge effort in concentration)