harisankartj

Trapped Emotional Energy.

7 posts in this topic

I have all these built up stress energy in my head neck and shoulders that are making me unable speak expressively.I am constantly stressed and my neck and shoulder muscles tighten up . I can't seem to get these energy blocks out of my head. Can anybody help me?

There are several thinks you may try that Chinese Taoists have been practising for millennia. 

1. Acupuncture. Visit your local Chinese area and look around if there is something 
  2. Also, try signing up for Yoga class. Not the modern fitness shit Yoga but genuine oriental Yoga. Kundalini for example is gaining a lot of popularity. 
  3. Fasting to give your body and organs an opportunity to rest by stopping digestion and focusing on recovery. Combined with colonic cleaninsing if you can. 
  4. Get in touch with nature. Go hike into a national park or just spend some time in a forest by your own. 
  5. Look into proper diaphragm breathing with focus on various body parts. 
  6. Clean your nutrition of all pastry, processed food and add more vegetarian meals. 
  7. Meditation would definitely help you with focus on releasing tension from individual parts
  8. Finally, look into the source of your stress. What is it? Being stiff, means you hold in a lot of tension. Something's gotta be causing it. Do you have a stressful job/ Quit it then before your health starts to diminish.

If there was one book, I'd recommend to you it is: Tao of health, sex and longevity.  

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

55 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Finally, look into the source of your stress. What is it? Being stiff, means you hold in a lot of tension. Something's gotta be causing it. Do you have a stressful job/ Quit it then before your health starts to diminish.

That's what is happening. The worst part is I can't seem to let go of it.My neck starts twisting like a sort of paralysis and i know it was caused by stress.I am 17 and live with my parents.Though there is not much worry for money,my self-expression is restricted since my parents don't consider stuff like personal development. 

I even particularly remember the exact event that caused this building up of stress. I was doing a household chore that lasted an hour or more.The drudgery of it triggered a lot of fear of the future,self-doubt, and "caging" of my emotions ...and i used that as negative motivation to get the work done which just made it worse.

The tension is felt in the neck muscle,top of the head, face and shoulders. I cannot seem to let it go even if i feel them. My neck stiffens and remains that way unless i relax it,even then the tension remains. My body feel like shit right now. 

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

If there was one book, I'd recommend to you it is: Tao of health, sex and longevity.

Thanks man will look into it.

31 minutes ago, harisankartj said:

I was doing a household chore that lasted an hour or more.The drudgery of it triggered a lot of fear of the future,self-doubt, and "caging" of my emotions ...and i used that as negative motivation to get the work done which just made it worse.

Please don't take this the wrong way but if a house chore gives you this much anxiety, you better start working on your emotional development or this kind of victim behaviour will seriously f**k you up in couple years. Your parents restricting you is not an excuse. Everybody has things they need to do and most of it is not pleasant yet we do it regardless. Life is not all shiny object and pleasure and the earlier you wake to that reality the better. In this case, I'm not sure if Tao can help you. 

Start doing daily meditation and taking responsibility for your own feelings and actions. Do not give in to your negative emotions, learn to recognise them. The Emotional Intelligence might be something of an interest to you to get you on the proper path of personal development and self actualisation. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  Thanks for the advice. Yeah i'm kind of a noob sometimes and that gets the better of me.Now i know what to work on. 

@harisankartj check out holotropic breathwork http://www.holotropic.com/about.shtml . Go do a workshop close to where you live .

it is a very powerful technique to release tones of stuck emotions. Stiffness and tightness in neck and shoulders are a common consequence of emotional suppression, I had it a lot too, and still have it too but it is going away. 

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be