youngshinzen

Thoughts On Leo's New Video

16 posts in this topic

So I have a question and an idea that came up while listening to Leo's "Everything Understood" Video, maybe he can answer to these.

1. Could it be that deep knowledge about reality is not necessary to have the same level of insight as Leo had? Let's say a 10 year old kid, has just learned about basic mathematics/physics and took a substance. Leo and the kid are thinking with the same speed and clarity now. Then we put that kid in front of the camera. Would we "learn" just as much as if we watched Leos video?

2. Idea: Leo talks about the importance of thinking about the essence of reality every moment. Could it be that -feeling the body- for example, produces a fear and fear just means, something that's not understood entirely? So it is natural for every conscious creature to have the desire to understand this experience, because it's fear driven. It's like a tornado, some will be more off center and search for peace in more indirect things, some will get to the bottom, but basically it's one force.

Wanted to make a topic on how important it is to learn the concepts to actually graps the mystical experiences that's gonna happen.

But you know ... Leo and stuff ... :D

Still, it is very important, but what is also as much important is not to cling to those concepts nor trying to project them onto reality.
Let them be in your subconscious mind, but when you do meditate or self-inquiry or just admire nature, or just be/being mindfull all day long (if you can) throw all of this out the window and just be fully present :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Captain Flint You should not take my example literal, the kid just represents simplicity of thinking and a minor treasury of words. Leo basically talks about infinity, nothingness and experience. Maybe it's like a puzzle, the "kid" and Leo both completed it, but the kid had one with less pieces and Leo with a lot more. The core of my question was: Is the level of satisfaction the same? And if communicated, could the kid achieve the same effect on the audience?

Edited by youngshinzen

Be careful about need to know.  It is a trap and it will stunt your life.  Many people are hung-up on need to know.  And paradoxically, it's only by knowing a lot of good stories that you can finally release need to know more of them.  You will get to the point where you don't cling so hard to this "need" to know.  That obstacle will dissolve at the right time in your personal development.  There are traps strewn all over the place in personal development, and all of them must be avoided to live a full-life without being handicapped from your fullest-potential.

That said, I appreciate Leo's new video and I will watch it a few more times.  I appreciate the genuineness of Leo's expression in it.  

Visualization exercise -- What would your life look like in 1, 3, 5 years if you resolved need to know in your life?  

Journaling exercise -- What are some fears or other reasons that might be contributing to you clinging to need to know?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Who has mentioned a "need to know"?

Edit: Even after your edit, I still don't get it.

Edited by youngshinzen

I just watched Leo Hits Rock Bottom for a third time.  I think it's really good.  It's the journey plus the destination that makes enlightenment special and apply-able.  You should make that creative-thinking course Leo!  I forget which video you sketched that out.  But when I heard it it stuck with me, and not many things stick with me that I am adamant about.  Somehow the sketch of the subject matter really resonated with me.  

Creative-thinking is harmonizing with the Tao.  The channeling of the Tao.  The conduit of divine-insights turned human, funneled into form, turned into discourse.  Like a jazz musician creating and linking-together puzzle-pieces of music spontaneously, effortlessly, seamlessly.  The axman's lens is focused in exactly the right way to receive the Tao.  This is called Te.  Te is the proper orientation to receive the Tao.  Think of Te like focusing a camera-lens.  If the lens is out of focus, y'aint gonna receive the Tao.  Te is Li.  Li is ritual, routine, proper practice.  Think of Li like the kung-fu master going through his ritual of a day, where every task is a perfected ritual and almost divinely performed.  Proper Li can result in achieving Te.  Te unleashes the Tao like releasing a kink in a garden-hose.  Harmonizing with the Tao is like having wind in your sails.  It is the upward surge of the exponential curve.  Tao is also the harmonization of Yin and Yang in the moment -- that unicyclist dynamically-balancing and mastering every new terrain that is thrown his way, moving forward like a pro, effortlessly in flow.  Wu-Wei is perfected dynamic-balance in a moment -- complete synergy with the Tao, where everything becomes one effortless flow, one unified-singularity.  The Tao Te Ching is the Way to harmonizing with the Tao through the proper practice of Te.  The Tao is the breath of God.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

In my opinion Leo had an Emmet Experience and he had to make sense of it like Emmet Did. He's trying to communicate his experience but is impossible unless you have a similar experience and understanding. 

Edited by ansimuz

@youngshinzen Since each of us is creating (in a very deep typically non accessible way)  what we're perceiving, every minute of one's life is accounted for in the big breakthrough. Reality is not one same thing that each of us clearly perceive upon enlightenment. Enlightenment reveals your own unique reality. The one you have been creating all along. All the dots are connected, all the actors take off their masks, light shines on the purposes of all our challenges and struggles...insert more poetic stuff. -Each enlightenment is completely unique. '❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I ask because I had a 9 hour long trip (thinking non-stop in causal chains) when I ate a hash-cookie 3 years ago.

The only things I remembered is that:

• there is much more to life than we perceive. An analogy that came to my mind was: If you see a light-tube, it's just light shining constantly. But if you record it with your phone in slow-mo, you can see that it flickers. 
  • that we cannot die, there's nowhere to go 
  • life is an infinite chain reaction
  • infinity=nothingness 

When that last insight came to me, I opened my eyes and everything was understood. After 9 hours of ultra rapid thinking, the thoughts just stopped.

Now the most interesting thing is: at that point I was not interested in religion, philosophy, physics, biology, nor did I know about spirituality. Let alone enlightenment. Now how can my experience be so congruent if it's unique?

I've used the "kid-example" to represent a state of mind without knowledge. Could it be that everyone of us has the absolute answers within him/her?

Edited by youngshinzen
equal rights

@youngshinzen hash gives a high, psychedelics give a trip. Perhaps there was something more in that hash cookie. Ultimately, either merely represents something in our consciousness. So, maybe the hash represented such a letting go for you that you experienced what you did. As far as congruency, i don't find having a 9 hour trip with intensive thinking, from hash, to be congruent, but, that was my point. Also, I believe I stated that enlightenment is unique for each of us. Not hash highs/trips. Those seem to be similar, which is really cool. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@youngshinzen Of course a conceptual framework is not required. In fact, it is best to have zero conceptual framework, but in today's world, that's a tall order to fill in practice so the right framework is better than a wrong framework. You can experience the Absolute at any moment no matter who you are or what you believe. It is Absolute after all. It's the one thing that's always true and present.

How you access it can vary greatly. It could be through a hash cookie, or a butterfly landing on your nose, or a traumatic car crash, or for no reason at all as you're walking down the street.

The problem is not that people have no framework. It's that they have very wrong frameworks which leave their cups too full to experience the Absolute.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One thing I don't get about Leo's video is why he says that he understood everything.
For me that would mean Leo now understands physics. I mean he claimed that he understood everything and knows absolute reality?
Why doesn't he go ahead now and solves the millenium problems in mathematic? Why doesn't he show us how to cure cancer?
I think more appropriate title would be:
A drug induced me to feel like I would understand everything.

@Geromekevin I think if you had the experience yourself, you would say so too. And you know how Leo is, he's very careful with these statements.

The other thing is: Reality can be seen like a fraction with many factors and variables in the numerator and denominator. When thinking/experiencing on such a high level happens, you're able to reduce the fraction to a minimum (=1 for example). If you did such a task in normal life, you would also have a feeling of "oh now i got it, it's that simple." Because of the simplicity of the absolute, it induces a strong feeling of understanding. And it would make perfect sense if reality is based upon simple rules or paradoxes (outside of logic).

@Geromekevin You're conflating relative knowledge with understanding of the Absolute. The Absolute is more like not-knowing. All human knowledge is extinguished and made irrelevant by its infinite radiance.

Wanting to cure cancer and all that is just self-survival. It has nothing to do with Absolute Truth. Scientific knowledge is infinite. It will never end.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Well okay; words. From my understanding, based on your answer, the last point I made comes actually closer to what you mean.

I'm really skeptic about psychedelics and your messages about the Absolute. That's why I follow you to keep an open mind.
Everyone can spend their time how they want. And I deeply respect how much work you put into trying to get smarter and to find out how the world works.
Based on my current knowledge I just wouldn't put drugs into my system. It is well known that the state you are in before taking drugs influences the trip to some degree. Roughly put it feels to me as if you just altered your brain chemistry. And because you went in with certain expectations your mind gave you the experience you had.
As Tony Robbins said: "Everything we feel and believe is based on our decisions." So if feeling like you understood the Absolute is good for you then it's awesome.
I'm more afraid of hurting my brain in irreversible ways and feel like there are other great things one can do with his time.

In the end everyone should live how they want :)

@youngshinzen I really hope it is based on simple rules and formulas. Because then the human mind might be able to really understand EVERYTHING from a knowledge based point of view. And if it's not the human mind, maybe some more intelligent consciousness like a artificial super intelligence will be. Fun stuff.