Butterflystory

17 Y/o, Hungry For Truth, Where Do I Start?

10 posts in this topic

I figured I'd try asking this question here first rather than reading through hundreds of pages.

I only have one question. Where do I start? 

here comes the Hearth of God, looking for the Fire.

where to start? you sit down and do nothing.

unborn Truth

Start by developping a 20 minutes meditation habit.

Then in 2 months a 30 minutes self-inquiry habit.

Read The Power Of Now from Eckhart Tolle, then when you've disidentify from your mind, read The Book Of Not Knowing from Peter Ralston.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Butterflystory

Your going to need to start off by listening to some masters first or your gona be clueless. 

Peter Ralston, Osho, Adyashanti, ramana Maharashi, shunyamurti, listen to leos videos, read the best books. Start meditation, contemplation, watching yourself like a Hawk! You will start to build momentum after a while. Good luck my friend.

@Afonso 17  yo unite :P 

Do you have a specific time each day when you do self-inquiry?

I'm kind of puzzled since I meditate 20 min in the morning and 40 min in the afternoon, so no real time each day where I can consistently self-inquire

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

41 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Afonso 17  yo unite :P 

Do you have a specific time each day when you do self-inquiry?

I'm kind of puzzled since I meditate 20 min in the morning and 40 min in the afternoon, so no real time each day where I can consistently self-inquire

I'm still not disciplined with Self-Inquiry. I do meditate everyday but aren't willing yet to do +30 minutes of Self-Inquiry everyday. I have some days where I do it hours on end, other days where I don't do it...

Also, you may be thirsty for it now, but you're never gonna get it if you don't understand that's a longlife commitment.

Doing this in a few months is near impossible (you literally need to be a godlike genius), in a year (very unlikely), in 5 years (unlikely), in a decade (maybe), in several decades (average for most people).

If  you cut all the religion and spiritual dogmas, and you don't believe anything but still leave the concepts somewhere in your mind, AND do a lot of meditation, self-inquiry, be mindful all the time and be in nature a lot, then maybe you'll do it in less than 5 years.

I'm not saying this to discourage you, but you need proper expectation, otherwise you'll be frustrated pretty quickly xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

A good start is to accept what ever happens to you, like you had chosen it.