Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

What Are Some Ways That You Stay Cheerful And Positive No Matter What Life Throws You?

16 posts in this topic

Do you have a daily practice to grow this kind of result in your life?

"Who knows." Maybe this is a good thing maybe its not, cant really know till you see how all the cards play out

Edited by sweater

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

I tend to use the resourceful mindset rather than the scarcity mindset. Leo talked about this and what it boils down to is that everything in life is a resource. Even the bad things. It just depends on whether you can use them.

Even when you're lacking something, I shit you not, you can still use that lack as a resource. It's hard to explain but let me give an quick example. Suppose you have no friends (like me) and you think this loneliness is a lack of friendship. But when you actually build your life upon solitude you'll realize that a good portion of time spent with your friends would actually go to total waste.

I have 'little reminder thoughts' like my cat Yoda's paws and his smile and the way he appeared in my life.. the moment I call these images from my memory, it shifts my state most of the time..

or I think of the moments that I could connect to universe or to love; I pay attention the way the nature communicates itself to me..

Or things like this picture: 

(which @Shin once sent me ❤)

that creates instant sensation of connection

Screenshot_20170510-213442_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Do you have a daily practice to grow this kind of result in your life?

By remembering you are life itself and there must be a good reason why you're throwing yourself something ;)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

By remembering you are life itself and there must be a good reason why you're throwing yourself something ;)

Oh yeah! I was also about to write, "to remind myself why I am doing what I am doing" is such an effective way too.. ahah! thank you @Shin ! You are such a complementary friend:)

For me, music, being and contemplating my death, moving into my body (not in my head). Daily meditation alone gets me in touch with these things, and the last thing I'll say is just getting out of my head and being playful with others around me. 

Memento Mori

Its tough for me. What i do is not a particular practice.  I just  tell  myself  to hang on and stay strong.  And I  remind myself  that If i have come  so Far, I could  still make it.  

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

If my mind is too busy with negitive thoughts,  I just watch some comedy series for 30 min or an hour.  It automatically changes my mindset and it works for me ? 

Watching a funny talk show always makes me smile and lifts my mood. 

Also, I have kind of taught myself to treat my emotions like light switches or breakers. Sometimes the wrong switch gets flipped (anger, sadness, irritability,  etc), so as soon as I realize it, I flip it off and turn on the correct one (happiness, peace, contentment, etc.) This can be a visualization thing, but if you are good at feeling the energy of each emotion, you can learn to just switch one energy off and switch on the correct one. The one that feels better, and the negative emotions never feel good, at least not for long. 

@Joseph Maynor

How about smiling? :)

Sounds like a valid way to me, to deal with the issue, you wrote in the title of the thread. 

Edited by TimStr

On 8/12/2017 at 10:08 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

What Are Some Ways That You Stay Cheerful And Positive No Matter What Life Throws You?

oh that's a hellish life. i am stable in the middle way. neither positive nor negative.

if i am to experience joy, i fully experience it and then it vanishes. same thing with sadness.

no attachment and no aversion is the practice that suits me the best.

unborn Truth

Don't cling to a state of mind or mood. Just relax, go with the flow. That's the only thing you can do, nothing to fix or to lose.

I start dancing to joyful music (I can't dance at all, but if you let the body, it moves automatically  :)) While I dance, I think: How bad can the problem really be if I'm still able to dance like this? It's not like a bear is attacking me or a volcano is destroying my house (better not do it when these things happen) 

Try it yourself 

Edited by Echoes

13 minutes ago, Echoes said:

I start dancing to joyful music (I can't dance at all, but if you let the body, it moves automatically  :)) While I dance, I think: How bad can the problem really be if I'm still able to dance like this? It's not like a bear is attacking me or a volcano is destroying my house (better not do it when these things happen) 

Try it yourself 

:)

Dance is always a mood changer:)

sleep on time,  daylight is such a blessing...such a source of energy.

for me positivity does not work, it only makes me think about negativity, if you label something positive then something else has to be negative,just the thought of thinking about my life in a negative way, no matter how small, I'd get depressed.

I just endure endure endure, till my consciousness forgets its suffering
what is suffering? if there's no one to acknowledge it as such....
there's only life

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!