youngshinzen

Extreme Obe

6 posts in this topic

Info:

1. I'm currently writing an essay and started drinking caffeine again after 3 months. 
  2. I've been obsessed with the thought of doing psychedelics in the last few days, haven't done any yet, just read a few reports and so on.
  3. I've been meditating daily for almost a year now.

So after a few hours of writing I got tired, went to bed and slept for 3 hours. In my dream, I had the exact same situation:

(dream is in italic script)

I knew I drank two red bull, I layed in my bed and wanted to sleep, but I couldn't. I rolled on my side, closed my eyes and saw the darkness behind my eyelids. I became aware of the fact that even when I close my eyes and I'm alone, I have a thought running which is basically a self image of me lying in bed with closed eyes (huge insight, I checked this when I was awake and it's the most subtle ego thought ever). I suddenly felt how the feeling of my body melted across the bed, down to the floor, like slime. My thoughts were: "Holy shit, it's happening, everything I heard Leo talk about and the trip reports I read, it's happening to me right now!" I knew I was going to "die" and stop existing (felt more like becoming infinite nothingness...). I became anxious and started focusing on my breath to bring my awareness back to the body, which worked. I then reached for my phone to call an ambulance cause I knew something was really wrong mentally, but realized it's not my phone, ran outside to search for help and so on... 

Then I woke up and I knew even though it was a dream, it was the most intense experience of my life. The more time passed, the more I forgot how it was, but I'm not going to forget the importance of the initial thought of it being intense. I know these words won't give any of you the feeling of this, but holy shit I'll wait with tripping for a while now...^_^ 

The other thing is the insight I got. It's like all these subtle thoughts of us being in the body and what we are, hold us back from being open. The ego is working all the time and we're only little aware of it, but the more alert we become, we start to see these small sneaky thoughts and realize that this is not actually us. By that we can erase the boundaries and really start to connect with people. 

(I realized Im saying the same shit everyone else says :D But it's not words for me anymore, there are mental pictures now linked to the experience in the dream, which partially completes the knowledge about it.)

Edited by youngshinzen

@youngshinzen if you took some psychedelics just before going to sleep, will you trip in your dream? Or after you wake up? Or will the psychedelic wake you up? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise I don't know. Depends on the definition of a sleep state, maybe it's a fluent transition, in that case we're not sleeping, nor being awake. Why?

There is an excellent community in Reddit where you can read about experiences, dangers and etc. I think it was called Psychonaut.

@youngshinzen Awesome, I had a similar experience. In my case I was confused and I didn't know for sure that I was awake or dreaming. In my case my senses were distorted and my face and height were different. I also started with caffeine intake a couple of days ago and I am obsessed with astral projection. Did you noticed any strange perceptions?

This is my experience:

Also happened to me when I was sleep deprived the night before and took a nap later the afternoon. I also listened to 528hz while napping. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You