Voyager

Strong Determination Hot Tub Soaking

19 posts in this topic

Strong determination hot tub soaking 

As the minutes turned into 10, then 20, then 30, then god knows what, in the piping hot water of the hot tub, my mind went into a frenzy. "Time to get out!!". Who said that? I asked. I am aware of this heat, and I am aware of these distraught thoughts, and uncomfortable feelings, but it doesn't seem my awareness is too bothered at all. Who is suffering? Who is it that's aware of this suffering? The mind tried every trick in the book to get out of that hot water. "You'll pass out", "You might drown". I continued my strong determination bathing and self enquiry. The only way out of this tub is surrender. Surrender to the heat. Surrender to this suffering. See that it is not me who is suffering. I did not give in to mind, and it eventually cracked and gave up its assault. I was in that tub for 1.5 hours. 

A few days later, I tried this again with even hotter water. After maybe 45 minutes I gave in. Mind used the trick of Death. I had a very real feeling that my enquiry was leading to a spontaneous "5-meo" like experience and that I may drown in this tub if I lost control of my human being. I felt like I was holding onto the self in order to avoid literal physical death. "Ok ok you can let go of Self but don't forget you still need your body to experience yourself as God. Don't fucking drown!" I jumped out. I laid on the floor in shavasana. My hands were cramping up like crazy. I had the exact same cramping during the several times I tried Holotropic/Shamanic breath work. I crawled to the shower with my tail between my legs and let the cold water nourish my battered ego. Well played self, well played. Until next time. 

It was very interesting to see the same blocked energy in my hands during this experience and breath work. Evidentially there's the same resistance being applied. 

I used this experience to simulate if I could handle 5-meo "gone bad". Can I surrender when the going is so tough and there's no escape? It would seem that I am not ready. 

Maybe stick to sitting. It's still very effective, and it's much safer. Be careful! :)

That's why I don't tell you guys where I get my psychedelics from. Cuz you too crazy. You just too crazy. ;)

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Voyager I doubt that's healthy for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Voyager Hey come over, let's try some strong determination waterboarding ;) It's probably safer.

Seriously though, watch out with that shit. If I enter cold or hot water and the body gets used to it & I stop suffering - it probably isn't doing any damage. But if it's still uncomfortable, it's probably not good for you.

Interesting idea, but I think at the very least you should have somebody keeping an eye on you to make sure you don't pass out and drown.  That's happened to people on the Wim Hof method that were pushing themselves hard around water.

@Voyager do you want a candy for that?

either overcoming self imposed challenges or failing at them just strengthens the egoic illusion.

unborn Truth

@Voyager dude. You're not Eddie Murphy. That can't be good for you. Think of something similar, maybe uncomfortable. Also, hilarious!!!!! The title alone got me rollin!!!!! Thanks!!! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura hmm . despite the obvious drowning danger, its only hot water, is it really that different to letting your legs go completely dead in sitting? Danger wise?  We would normally assume that's dangerous but the body seems cool with it.  Ok I thought I'd stumbled onto something useful but the ubiquitous answer is negative. It's pretty powerful though. :-P 

@ajasatya noted ... but Arent I challenging myself also in sitting and not obliging my unserving habits? When I get urges and don't give in to it. I have to challenge myself in a sense to stay aware instead of doing whatever my mind tells me.  I did have an intent to stay in that water though. I don't know how we can not have it self imposed? 

@Voyager I tried once a strong determination dry sauna sitting in 180 F and couldn't do it for more than 30 mins (recommended time is up to 15 mins). Had a wet towel on my head and plenty of water handy. Got good skin detox, but when my head started to overheat, I got out...pronto. It's cool (pun not intended) to try new things, but also listen to your body to guide you and don't go overboard when it comes to your health and wellbeing. 

@VoyagerEver heard of heat stroke?   What are you trying to prove here?  Just be careful man.

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

5 hours ago, Voyager said:

its only hot water

Tell that to a lobster ;)

People have died, for example, from improperly run sweat-lodge ceremonies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Voyager I love to meditate in a hot bath. It relaxes my body enough to relax my mind. Hot tubs have a regulated temperature, so they are made to not be life threatening. I wouldn't mix drugs or alcohol with it though, because that's a different story. However, you probably should look up the recommended time to be in a hot tub, and try to not stay that much longer. Then start seeing when your ego screams at you to get out. Is it earlier than the recommended time or much later? If it's much later, then maybe you should ask your ego if he really cares that much about you after all, lol. Anyway, just be careful. Don't push it to the point where it is physically damaging, it is just not worth it. You don't want to hurt your body or your mind. That is not the point of meditation or enlightenment. 

@starsofclay yeah I didn't use anything (drugs or alcohol) whist hot tubbin, that's a fair call, I'll stay aware of the time it takes for my mind to want out. See how it compares to recommended tub soaks :-)