Marcell Kovacs

Switching Jobs To Be Able To Afford Equipment For Life Purpose, Or Not?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a hard decision here.
Having figured out my life purpose this April I applied for a job at McDonald's here in Hungary to work there for the summer (and maybe even beyond if I happen to have time) before I go to university, so that I'm able to afford the necessary equipment I need to start practicing/learning my life purpose. I have just received my first payment today, which clearly indicates that I would have to work another 4-5 months there before I may be able to afford everything I need to have, so this got me thinking...

Unfortunately working at McDonald's as a newbie student is as terrible as you would guess with all the corporate mentality praised by all the low-conscious managers there. Very often times I get yelled at or "humiliated" (in the verbal sense) for my sloppy work by the these people, resulting me to be hated by quite a few of my workmates as well, which usually leaves me with a lot of emotional pain, due to the fact that I was bullied in the first two years of high school, which I unfortunately still didn't let go of and need to work on. At this point, anytime I go to work I'm incredibly anxious and feel "crippled" by my anxiety even as soon as I'm coming near the restaurant.

My question(s) are the following:

• Should I continue working there for the next 4-5 months so that I'm able to afford the necessary equipment needed to start my life purpose, or seek another similar paying job that may involve less emotional pain?
  • Does all this "getting-yelled-at" sort of thing help me develop thicker skin and immunity to these kinds of actions in the future, or am I just creating more emotional issues within myself on top of what I have already?

I have seen Leo's "Fake Growth vs Real Growth - What If You're Just Tricking Yourself?" video, where I know, he brings this specific example up of a person leaving his job expecting all his issues to be solved, tricking him/herself into thinking he or she has grown which may be what would happen to me if I left this job, however at this point I'm not sure what to do.

All in all, which decision would be the most ideal for my own personal growth?

Note: I'm also doing self-inquiry in the meanwhile to fix/let go of all these issues.

First of all: The person yelling and humiliating you, is that your manager? If so, would it be possible to ask him for a few min talk in private and tell him about your emotional issues? If he dosn't respect that, you should probably find some other place to work.

Secondly: Would you agree that you are being lazy/sloppy at work? If so, this could be an opportunity to work on your work ethics.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

1 hour ago, Erlend K said:

First of all: The person yelling and humiliating you, is that your manager? If so, would it be possible to ask him for a few min talk in private and tell him about your emotional issues? If he dosn't respect that, you should probably find some other place to work.

Secondly: Would you agree that you are being lazy/sloppy at work? If so, this could be an opportunity to work on your work ethics.

Yes, that's my manager doing that.

Regarding the second question, I don't think it's necessarily sloppy due to work ethics, but rather because I'm new and even though they explain me what to do, I need some time to get used to doing whatever they request. Also I may not be able to do the task flawlessly the first time because I'm the kind of person who needs explanations more than once to make thinga penetrate into my mind deeper. All in all, I'm trying the best I possibly can do.

I'm torn. I want to say: Stick it out, 4-5 months really is no time at all. Then again I was never bullied or crippled by anxiety. But, If you have been bullied before it's likely an issue for you that will repeat itself, so you will have to work on that anyway. I would do both: Get through it, take the money, work on your issues, then head out of there with your equipment.

i think that kind of menial job needs to happen. if you think you control the things you can control and let go of the things you cant, then you are on the right track. right now, it is apparent you are not yet on where you wanted to be, but you are on the right path. keep it up dude.

just deal with difficult and toxic people the right way. or else stay away from them

Congratulations on your first payment! It's a big deal:) 

You know the amount of time needed to be spent there, it's your calculated step; what you do there is basically to serve to your life purpose. You could be comforting yourself but you are taking the pressure instead, so you are on the way to your dreams, that's a celebratory thing.

If you have other options to achieve this step of your purpose, go for it (like another job that you can have) if not, hold on how long ever is needed.

That's a perfect place to develop your skills, use it. I understand that you are already trying so, but I'll repeat it, execute the job with utmost exquisite artistry: that's what claims an honorable man. It is easy to do the things which are already so resonated with your soul.. if you can treat the unwanted and uncomforting ones as the same, then you are really nominated to be someone special.

On 8/10/2017 at 4:20 PM, Marcell Kovacs said:

I don't think it's necessarily sloppy due to work ethics, but rather because I'm new and even though they explain me what to do, I need some time to get used to doing whatever they request. Also I may not be able to do the task flawlessly the first time because I'm the kind of person who needs explanations more than once to make thinga penetrate into my mind deeper. All in all, I'm trying the best I possibly can do.

Communicate this with people. Management may not necessarily be mad at you, they might be trying to get the things done. But if it's because of low consciousness, just remember, most probably they are lost and stuck, and not knowing how to help themselves out thus very angry with themselves.. you'll be out soon but they'll be stuck there, god knows how long.. if you can stay calm when you are expected to be anxious, it's always a game changer.

Screenshot_20170813-002210_1.jpg

Edited by Sevi

18 hours ago, vibrate said:

I'm torn. I want to say: Stick it out, 4-5 months really is no time at all. Then again I was never bullied or crippled by anxiety. But, If you have been bullied before it's likely an issue for you that will repeat itself, so you will have to work on that anyway. I would do both: Get through it, take the money, work on your issues, then head out of there with your equipment.

4 hours ago, mathieu said:

i think that kind of menial job needs to happen. if you think you control the things you can control and let go of the things you cant, then you are on the right track. right now, it is apparent you are not yet on where you wanted to be, but you are on the right path. keep it up dude.

just deal with difficult and toxic people the right way. or else stay away from them

1 hour ago, Sevi said:

Congratulations on your first payment! It's a big deal:) 

You know the amount of time needed to be spent there, it's your calculated step; what you do there is basically to serve to your life purpose. You could be comforting yourself but you are taking the pressure instead, so you are on the way to your dreams, that's a celebratory thing.

If you have other options to achieve this step of your purpose, go for it (like another job that you can have) if not, hold on how long ever is needed.

That's a perfect place to develop your skills, use it. I understand that you are already trying so, but I'll repeat it, execute the job with utmost exquisite artistry: that's what claims an honorable man. It is easy to do the things which are already so resonated with your soul.. if you can treat the unwanted and uncomforting ones as the same, then you are really nominated to be someone special.

Communicate this with people. Management may not necessarily be mad at you, they might be trying to get the things done. But if it's because of low consciousness, just remember, most probably they are lost and stuck, and not knowing how to help themselves out thus very angry with themselves.. you'll be out soon but they'll be stuck there, god knows how long.. if you can stay calm when you are expected to be anxious, it's always a game changer.

Screenshot_20170813-002210_1.jpg

Thank you so much for the answers guys, I'm going to continue working there in order to be able to afford the necessary equipment I need to have, while I'll be simultaneously working on my issues and try to develop a thicker skin in this environment, which will come useful in my life purpose as well. I'll most likely have to deal with similar situations while I'll be working on my life purpose as well.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

you're using the term life purpose, so, ya. do that for that.  

Thank you for your input!

57 minutes ago, Shiva said:

That depends on you. Some people can take it, some can't.

Imagine a very emotional unstable and depressed person going home from work crying every day, I would not advise that person to stay in that job. You need a certain stability and a good emotional foundation to be able to grow in that situation. If you have that and if you feel you're growing stay in that job. But only you can know if you have that.

May I ask what is your alternative to working at Mc Donalds?

Different jobs that are more comfortable.

Eh, maybe I'm being totally pain avoiding and comfort-seeking here, but my answer would be "Of course you should switch jobs!" That is, provided you do have other options. But it's your first month and you find it terrible and you likely have a bad manager - so what is there wrong with trying to make your life easier? I mean, this is not running away from something important, this is securing the best conditions you can have for yourself - and I'm pretty sure you do have job options where people won't yell at you, so look for them and if you find one just switch. 

I wouldn't be staying in a bad job if I could help it.