Afonso

Damn Headaches From Meditation

11 posts in this topic

I've been having headaches for almost 1.5 months now, and it's only getting heavier and heavier. It's a huge pressure on top of the head. It feels like I'm transporting something really heavy up there.

Nothing seems to alleviate. Although I have my 2-cents that this is actually a positive thing and that things are changing, it's also very annoying.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions for this? Since the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep I have a headache.

You might want to try shaking it out. Tapping your head, etc. Get that energy out of there. You don't want energy blocked up there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You might want to try shaking it out. Tapping your forhead, etc. Get that energy out of there.

Tomorrow I'll go to a place really really hidden and scream like a motherfucker and hit my hands against my head.

I'll say if it worked.

UPDATE:

It hurts to shake it out. A LOT.

Edited by Afonso

@Afonso Be more gentle about it. Perhaps a massage.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't want energy blocked up there.

What happens if the energy is blocked there? You're not talking about like brain cancer or something like that right?

@Afonso Nothing that bad. Although I have no idea what your physical health is. I am not a doctor.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Afonso Nothing that bad. Although I have no idea what your physical health is. I am not a doctor.

Damn I thought you were the all-wise Guru!

Perhaps it's the position in which I meditate (sitting in Sofa-Chair)? But I still think it's energy. I've had these headaches in the past but they only lasted a couple of days.

Well, I'll wait till September. If it doesn't go away, I'll go to the doctor.

Just now, Afonso said:

Damn I thought you were the all-wise Guru!

Perhaps it's the position in which I meditate (sitting in Sofa-Chair)? But I still think it's energy. I've had these headaches in the past but they only lasted a couple of days.

Well, I'll wait till September. If it doesn't go away, I'll go to the doctor.

If it is a energy block than something like Reiki or Tai Chi could help. Or just try moving the energy with your imagination + attention. You need an energy based solution for energy problems.

1 hour ago, Afonso said:

But I still think it's energy.

@Afonso Maybe your due for a massive energy fart. You know what they say-better out than In.

Any psychedelic will probably release the pressure most def. Don't you think the headache is a sign you gotta act somehow? Another question, have you tried sitting and just feeling the pain as long as possible? In many cases getting in touch with unbelievable pain helps you grow alot 

Edited by Little Plant

It can mean a lot of different things. First of all it could be medical, at least if it persists outside of meditation.

If you are doing concentration practice, pressure at the top of the head can be a symptom of eary stage Piti, and thus a sign of progress. On the other hand it can also be a sign that you are trying too hard and straining during meditation. 

Edited by Erlend K

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay