Chrissy j

What Does It Mean To Raise Your Consciousness?

6 posts in this topic

What does it mean to raise the quality of your consciousness? To raise your consciousness level? Or to raise or increase or improve your consciousness? What does spiral dynamics mean when it says stages of consciousness and how does this play into our development? What is consciousness development? I am really confused on this whole consciousness word. When Leo says all Personal development is really increasing the quality of your consciousness what does that mean? What is increasing the quality of your consciousness? How does this play into growth? And enlightenment?

Consciousness = awareness.

Notice that your level of awareness varies throughout the day.

Just to get a feel for this, right now, become conscious that you are going to die. Sit there for 5 minutes and just focus your awareness on the fact that you will entirely cease to exist, FOREVER, upon death. And just sit with that for 5 mins.

Then notice how your consciousness has elevated, compared to where it was just 5 minutes before, or where it usually is when you're going about your day or watching TV.

Now imagine you can become so conscious, you walk around realizing you are already dead all the time. Your death is existing in the very same place as your life! You're already dead, you just aren't aware of it. You're dead right this minute! Try to notice that.

That gives you a LITTLE taste of higher consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @Chrissy j

Raising your consciousness means raising the vibrational frequency of your being. This improves the quality of consciousness. This raises the level of consciousness. This expands consciousness. God is a frequency.

1504077_267425213413090_2092849566_n.png

ABVhicks.jpg

energy-food-pyramid.jpg

raise-your-vibrations2.jpg

2fc34ae9598b7a50f740f4d705b09f95.jpg

20dc57f8874a2135d5a84facbc35e8a6--abraham-hicks-you-are.jpg

25d226e5523af519377b68fe7d369d84--vibrational-energy-quotes-vibrational-energy-law-of-attraction.jpg

bb0bdaf85cc526f99d11e6083ff6be24.jpg

ch9.jpg

Everything-is-energy-and-.jpg

raise-your-vibration-5-638.jpg

scale-consciousness.jpg

tzj.png

Edited by AleksM

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice that your level of awareness varies throughout the day.

Just to get a feel for this, right now, become conscious that you are going to die. Sit there for 5 minutes and just focus your awareness on the fact that you will entirely cease to exist, FOREVER, upon death. And just sit with that for 5 mins.

Then notice how your consciousness has elevated, compared to where it was just 5 minutes before, or where it usually is when you're going about your day or watching TV.

Now imagine you can become so conscious, you walk around realizing you are already dead all the time. Your death is existing in the very same place as your life! You're already dead, you just aren't aware of it. You're dead right this minute! Try to notice that.

That gives you a LITTLE taste of higher consciousness.

I don't understand. Does that mean awareness of some activity ALL THE TIME ?

Like .... i should be aware THAT i am reading this sentence. I should be aware THAT i am sitting in a chair .I should be aware of my surroundings. I should be aware THAT I am going to die....

I have never heard any enlightened people talking of awareness like this... Rupert Spira says awareness is like defocused all encompassing presence....but Leo talk about being aware like being aware OF STUFF like conceptual  .... and i have been thinking about this topic of what consciousness ACTUALLY IS too..

Edited by harisankartj

@Leo Gura But why did you state in your "Low vs High Quality Consciousness" video that increasing the quality of one's consciousness is the ultimate purpose for literally every lifeform. I mean if I don't want to do that then obviously it is not my purpose. Right? A better way to put it might be: The highest and best purpose one could have is to increase the quality one's consciousness.

On 09/08/2017 at 0:12 PM, Leo Gura said:

Peter Ralston would disagree.

I have no direct experience of this but he mentions a distinction between the two of them. Also that may just be superficial linguistic stuff.