Juan Cruz Giusto

An Enlightened Being Drinking Beer???

25 posts in this topic

I cannot believe it... I found a picture of a highly enlightened being drinking beer and having a huge pretzel (yes, it has wheat) covered in what it seems to be chocolate. Moreover, he seems to be having a really good time! What type of joke is this? He should be meditating and merging with God! Here is the proof...

Untitled picture.png

Edited by Juan Cruz Giusto
Picture was bad positioned

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Many of the tibetan yogis are known for drinking a lot. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

lol :D

Do you think being enlightened makes you the perfect example of a human being in terms of behaviour? It doesn't.

Enlightenment is different than personal development. Sure, when your enlightened you tend to gravitate towards the healthy but being enlightened Will never make your behaviour all perfect. Perception needs to be moulded, enlightenment is not a mould. And even if the perception is moulded appropriatelly an enlightened being can still indulge in those behaviors because he doesn't take his judgements too seriously.

Leo mentioned somewhere on the forum about a zen monk that started meditating at 12 years and after his 100 birthday he was sexually mollesting children for a few years until his disciples came to him and asked him to stop or something like that.

The OP MUST be using sarcasm. Joke's on us

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

What difference does it make if you know your True Home.  We're here to experience life as a human.  That includes everything.

@Juan Cruz Giusto Yes Ralston! Clearly some people don't understand sarcasm ahaha.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Who says drinking beer and eating pretzels is "bad"? Who is the arbiter of "good and bad" here ? Why should one activity be preferred or rejected for another at all? Must an activity always be considered "in the grand scheme of things" or be done so for the enjoyment of it? 

Hmmm....Good topic for contemplation.

2 hours ago, AleksM said:

lol :D

Do you think being enlightened makes you the perfect example of a human being in terms of behaviour? It doesn't.

Enlightenment is different than personal development. Sure, when your enlightened you tend to gravitate towards the healthy but being enlightened Will never make your behaviour all perfect. Perception needs to be moulded, enlightenment is not a mould. And even if the perception is moulded appropriatelly an enlightened being can still indulge in those behaviors because he doesn't take his judgements too seriously.

Leo mentioned somewhere on the forum about a zen monk that started meditating at 12 years and after his 100 birthday he was sexually mollesting children for a few years until his disciples came to him and asked him to stop or something like that.

Yes, but Ralston is a fucking "sage", or at least that's what I thought until now. 

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

he probably mixed 5 meo with the beer

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Doesn't mean a shit if he was God Almighty himself, cause' if he isn't vegan, I am not interested in listening to anything he has to say ??

The key is to not get addicted.  Drugs are not bad.  They are tools.  What makes drugs bad is that the monkey inside us makes too much of a good thing, and gets addicted, then gets lazy, addicted to comfort, and then wants to slack-off and expect success for nothing.  That's what's bad -- habitually zoning-out in the lower-self with drugs.  McDonalds is good on the rare occasion too.  The problem is that the lower-self gets carried away.  That's the real issue.  It's not fast-food, bad culture, guns, drugs, thoughts, Philosophy.  It's us.  It's friggin' us.  We gotta become more responsible.  And avoiding addiction is key to that.  Don't blame the messenger -- you see that in two ways?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

So much judgement projected on a man who dedicates his life to freeing people of their own judgments. Quite a paradox indeed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

OMG!!! I will burn the book I have by him right away!!!

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

9 hours ago, AleksM said:

Be careful about spreading false rumors.

I did not say he molested children.

I said he was accused of molesting his Zen students.

It should also be noted, that a hardcore Zen master might do something unorthodox like grab you by the balls, just to prove a point. Which many California Westerners would get offended at and consider "molesting". While the master would consider it a good lesson in Zen.

If a 100 year old man yanking on your balls doesn't enlighten you, I dunno what will ;)

The problem here is idolizing your teachers. It's a very common problem. Stop doing it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

I cannot believe it... I found a picture of a highly enlightened being drinking beer and having a huge pretzel (yes, it has wheat) covered in what it seems to be chocolate. Moreover, he seems to be having a really good time! What type of joke is this? He should be meditating and merging with God! Here is the proof...

Untitled picture.png

I think this pic was done as a joke. Look at what's for lunch - alcohol and junk food...and none of it's been touched or in his mouth. The big grin says it all.

What is the name of this guy? Now I want to know him.