Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IvanV21

My Life Dream Or Enlighment

4 posts in this topic

Hi Im Ivan from Mexico, im 19 years old and a new to this forum but I have been watching Leo's videos for about 2 years. Im studying at university and my life's dream is to become a professional baseball player.

Leo's videos have helped me to be in the right path to achieve my dream and to do a really god job at academics. But when I discovered the Spiritual Enlightment list of videos everything changed. Now Im becoming aware of all the bullshit and daydreaming in my mind and I really want to do the enlightment journey. 

This has put me in to think a lot. I always have wanted my dream to be realized so bad but now that I realize that theres no dream because dtheres no "Me". This have hurt me a lot. My dream to become professional baseball player isnt for money reasons, its just for the sake of playing the game I love with the best players in the world. So Im really confused if I have to give up my dream if I want to achive enlightment...

Life is your dream. Live life. Tomorrow is not given to you. You can do this dream and still follow the path.. You are only a vessel yet it is your vessel so its yours to dream in.. Just make mindfull choices and follow the one path into the light of pur savior.

Many people think after finding out about enlightenment that they to be some kind of yogi or things like that.

That's just the ego at play, tricking you to actually not following you real dream (may be genuine, but that's not that common).

Nothing has to changes if you really enjoy the game for its own sake, just purify your mind and your body.
You'll know if it's genuine or not with time, you'll be so close to your intuition that you won't be able to bullshit yourself anymore.

If you do spiritual work properly, which means turning inside to dissociate with your thoughts (what people call ego), there is no way you could get offtrack for long.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Many people think after finding out about enlightenment that they to be some kind of yogi or things like that.

That's just the ego at play, tricking you to actually not following you real dream (may be genuine, but that's not that common).

Nothing has to changes if you really enjoy the game for its own sake, just purify your mind and your body.
You'll know if it's genuine or not with time, you'll be so close to your intuition that you won't be able to bullshit yourself anymore.

If you do spiritual work properly, which means turning inside to dissociate with your thoughts (what people call ego), there is no way you could get offtrack for long.

True.  Except the rare person might dream to become a yogi, teacher, guru, or philosopher.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor