MM1988

What Role Plays The Sedona Method In The Grand Scheme Of Things?

6 posts in this topic

Ive recently read the sedona method and I find it useful so far, but im not sure where to put it in the context of my meditaton and self inquiry work.

You are just thinking about these questions and answering them in your mind right? So is it just mind games to manipulate your emotions?

I generally have a problem to put all these concepts mentioned in Leos videos into a bigger picture.

Edited by MM1988

I found that it is a very useful tool to convert a have to to a want to.  This is one solution to procrastination.  I need to use this more.

I think Sedona Method is similar to Shadow Work and there is already a pretty good topic that can help you with understanding it's role in personal development.

It's by no means a substitute for self-inquiry/enlightment exercises.

The Sedona Method is a very experiential type emotional releasing technique. When you ask yourself the Sedona Method questions then you can feel as if energy is being released from your body. The Sedona Method also causes physiological changes in your body like releasing tension. 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

It helps you gain the emotional leverage you need to face head-on the emotional-labor required to take actions.  I use it from time to time.  Especially when I have a big procrastination I need to bust through.  Another technique is to visualize yourself starting the project.  I procrastinate much less now because I am on top of all my work.  But that took me a long time to get handled.  Procrastination used to be my best friend.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Hey, I also read the book but I'm not doing the audio course and I find it much more helpful.

To answer your question, it releases suppressed feelings.

• Meditation is all about letting everything be as it is and as a side-effect of it, you'll have to experience every suppressed emotion that you have stuffed down.
  • The Sedona Method is a more direct method of experiencing the blockages and suppressed feelings. As you do that, the thoughts associated with those feelings will simply vanish.
  • Self-Inquiry takes advantage of a still mind to leave space for true contemplation.

My way of seeing it in the big picture is this:

The Sedona Method => Stills The Mind => Boosts Meditation Practices => Stills The Mind => Allows for deeper Self-Inquiry

Notice: The best effects from the Method are not coming from your thinking. Thoughts/questions/answers are just pointers to feelings. They allow you to go closer to your feelings

Edited by Afonso