Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pallero

How Did It Really Happen? (proper Expectations For Success)

3 posts in this topic

I'm so tired of all the false promises that marketing strategies use to sell things! I constantly feel like there's something wrong with me when I can't accomplish something "quickly and easily", like I "should". I want to end this cycle. I want to raise awareness to how difficult and time and energy consuming some things really are.

How did it really happen?

I wanted to start this topic where we could share our clashes with reality. I thought we'd share stories about our expectations of how difficult something would be and how it actually turned out (if at all). Let's help each other set some proper expectations for success in self-development (or any other field).

I'll start.

As I am writing this, there's a book on the desk with the words "The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Life Purpose" on the cover. On the back cover there are words like "simple", "easy", "effective", "transform your life with this one simple test" et cetera.

I have been searching for my life purpose since I was about 15 years old. I'm definitely closer (29 years old now), but I'm not there yet. Nothing simple about this. I've read plenty of books, done a huge amount of self-inspection, exercises on values and other things. I've tried several different fields of work, thinking I'd found "the one". All I found was more ego to dissolve, more work, more work and more work.

What about you? :) I'd love to hear how hard and awful "quick and easy" things actually are!

Greed for validity is the problem

Solution is to get in touch with your okayness regardless of what is happening. In that okayness there is no more need or want, or else you won't feel okay until those needs or wants are fulfilled. So in that okayness, anything else you wish to explore, create for yourself, such as a Life Purpose (LP), is done without greed, want or need. It becomes an experiment to play with and learn new stuff.

Fears we have harbored in our life have fueled our wants and needs. Why not have a LP, for the time being, to overcome the fears that block the full awareness of one's own okayness.

The 10000 hour rule is not bullshit. It´s based on research.

for someone it might be 30000 hours and someone who has a lot of talent 4000 hours.