Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackjohn

Problem That Prevents Me Doing What I Want

5 posts in this topic

So since the last year there is a problem that I encounter and I am really tired.It started from school and since the knowledge in school is in written form,here starts the problem.My main language is Greek and everytime now that  I read something in Greek I stuck to every letter and I re read the word again again and  also i think that the word that I read is not the word that its written.I deliberately check again again the word. I know that it's caused by anxiety or my neurosis being just unwilling to accept reality or its just based on a what if thought that I have to forget.This problem caused me a phobia of reading books and studying and I know that with phobias you have to do what you scare but everytime that I read something a huge amount of thoughts come up and I continue to struggle with the problem.Can I have your help?(with English seems that I am okay)

Smells like a sneaky form of procrastination. It's probably related to perfectionism and you getting lost in the details. Try to zoom out and understand the big picture of what you are reading in Greek next time. That way, you will develop a deeper understanding of the main points. 

Maybe try some daily meditation too..

I did not have none of these but as I checked what ocd is, I can say that I encounter this @egoeimai

This seems like something you should talk to your doctor about. The only thing us forum members can do for you is talk out of our asses and speculate about what the cause might be. Good luck solving this. In the mean time you might want to swich from written books to audiobooks. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay