Costa7

Any Ideas On Neti-neti Method?

11 posts in this topic

Hello, "I" have just finished reading neti-neti meditation book and I wanted to ask you if is such an effective technique compared to others("i"don't know others techniques because 'i' am kind of new to enlightment thing.)and if could start this one until i learn others. You can also tell me about your thoughts are about the book. I love it how it's short and how it gets straight to the "point". 

14 minutes ago, Costa7 said:

Hello, "I" have just finished reading neti-neti meditation book and I wanted to ask you if is such an effective technique compared to others("i"don't know others techniques because 'i' am kind of new to enlightment thing.)and if could start this one until i learn others. You can also tell me about your thoughts are about the book. I love it how it's short and how it gets straight to the "point". 

According to shinzen young (a zen master), strong determination sitting is the fastest way to enlightenment. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Neti-neti is essentially mindfulness... There may be other descriptions on how to do it, but what worked for me is neti-neti, practiced as mindfulness in each and every moment, in spite of what I was doing... When you are mindful about your thoughts, emotions, feelings etc, as you watch them with awareness, you would often have to remind yourself that what you are observing is not you... Neti-neti, means rejecting everything that is observed as 'not this, not this' (not me, not me, in other words)... It is not that you have to mentally repeat that thought, but realize the truth of it.

Sometimes when I got stuck at mindfulness, and deluding myself, I had to often make a discrimination between the witness and what was witnessed, and realize that what was witnessed was not me.. This is neti-neti. You keep rejecting every thought, feeling, sensation as not you which will actually reduce the thought waves in your mind. Finally it will help you narrow down to what is essentially you and remove the dual notion completely.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Costa7 There is nothing to say about Neti Neti. You either do it, or you don't. It's like a mathematical proof. You must do it to see the truth. There is no trick to it. You just sit and do it for many many hours, very patiently. Do not expect quick results. You're gonna have to burn through a lot of beliefs, paradigms, and assumptions which you never even knew existed in you. All of it will come up as you just do the method.

Psychedelics can help a lot in clearing out your false attachments. Them plus Neti Neti make for a powerful combo.

My version of Self-Inquiry is very similar to Neti Neti.

You cannot get a leg up on self-inquiry or Neti Neti by talking about it. Only by doing.

The truth is, you don't wanna do it. Nobody wants to do it. Hence all the questions and blah, blah, blah...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'd do it just right now but I am attached to the fear of not going to heaven because I can deny the existence of God. (I was raised in a very faithful social conditioning from when I was little) how can I come at peace with the though of quiting religious life?

When you say psychedelics you reffer to 5 meo dmt or to test more of  them? How do I use them to my advantage and don't let them get me in a state of a drug just how it would get a drug addict? 

Where did you learn your self inquiry method from? 

@Costa7 Use psychedelics when you obtained the maximum logical knowledge you can acquire. dont even think of using psychedelics if you can break through to the next stage using simple logical thinking. it will simply just confuse you even more.

I recommend you to watch more of leo's vids.

psychedelics arent addictive substances.

you come at peace with religion when you gain enough knowledge and see religion as it is, it will come naturally.

a thought experiment that can help you is - why is it that your religion is the right one among the vast amounts of religions out there? islam, judaism, buddhism, hinduism etc. wouldnt it be a strange coincidence that the religion you were raised in is the right one?

You don't need to deny the existence of God. You can view spiritual practice as a process towards God. Now, when you progress with your spiritual path you may come to the conclusion that the God you believe in is very different than you thought. Maybe you come to the realization that God is not a person at all. 

Trust in the process and in the knowledge that when the Truth hits you — you will be at peace with your maker.

1 hour ago, Ilya said:

@Costa7

a thought experiment that can help you is - why is it that your religion is the right one among the vast amounts of religions out there? islam, judaism, buddhism, hinduism etc. wouldnt it be a strange coincidence that the religion you were raised in is the right one?

I think that there is a God, but I'm not sure 

@Costa7 look what str4 wrote, he sums it up pretty well.

relying on beliefs is not healthy, it leads to suffering, while relying on direct experience leads to the opposite.

this vid of leo will answer ur questions i think: 

I knew about the vid, but never had the balls to really watch it. I will watch it. 

@Costa7 tough. u gotta get over that if you want to know the truth. One thing you have to be careful of at the moment is sharing all this with your family, they might not have nice opinions about all this because they're maybe as afraid as you are, which in turn will make you fear more.