Shanmugam

A Mega Thread Of Osho - The Spiritually Incorrect Mystic

80 posts in this topic

Bridging Materialistic Zorba with Awakened Buddha - Funny and Wise Video where Osho admits he was a Conman

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Live Life in its Totality, Drink Life in its Totality

"I have heard a beautiful story - I don't know how far it is correct, I cannot vouch for it.

In paradise one afternoon, in its most famous cafe, Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Buddha are sitting and chatting. The waiter comes with a tray that holds three glasses of the juice called "Life," and offers them. Buddha immediately closes his eyes and refuses; he says, "Life is misery."

Confucius closes his eyes halfway - he is a middlist, he used to preach the golden mean - and asks the waiter to give him the glass. He would like to have a sip - but just a sip, because without tasting how can one say whether life is misery or not? Confucius had a scientific mind; he was not much of a mystic, he had a very pragmatic, earthbound mind. He was the first behaviorist the world has known, very logical. And it seems perfectly right - he says, "First I will have a sip, and then I will say what I think." He takes a sip and he says, "Buddha is right - life is misery."

Lao Tzu takes all the three glasses and he says, "Unless one drinks totally, how can one say anything?" And Lao Tzu says, " He drinks all the three glasses and starts dancing!

Buddha and Confucius ask him, "Are you not going to say anything?" And Lao Tzu says, "This is what I am saying - my dance and my song are speaking for me." Unless you taste totally, you cannot say. And when you taste totally, you still cannot say because what you know is such that no words are adequate.

Buddha is on one extreme, Confucius is in the middle. Lao Tzu has drunk all the three glasses - the one that was brought for Buddha, the one that was brought for Confucius, and the one that was brought for him. He has drunk them all; he has lived life in its three-dimensionality.

My own approach is that of Lao Tzu. Live life in all possible ways; don't choose one thing against the other, and don't try to be in the middle. Don't try to balance yourself - balance is not something that can be cultivated. Balance is something that comes out of experiencing all the dimensions o flife. Balance is something that happens; it is not something that can be brought about through your efforts. If you bring it through your efforts it will be false, forced. And you will remain tense, you will not be relaxed, because how can a person who is trying to remain balanced in the middle be relaxed? You will always be afraid that if you relax you may start moving to the left or to the right. You are bound to remain uptight, and to be uptight is to miss the whole opportunity, the whole gift of life.

Don't be uptight. Live life in its totality, drink life in its totality! Yes, sometimes it tastes bitter - so what? That taste of bitterness will make you capable of tasting its sweetness. You will be able to appreciate the sweetness only if you have tasted its bitterness. One who knows not how to cry will not know how to laugh, either. One who cannot enjoy a deep laughter, a belly laugh, that person's tears will be crocodile tears. They cannot be true, they cannot be authentic.

- "The Book of Understanding" by OSHO.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

2 hours ago, Ether said:

@Saumaya where does awareness exist? the object inside us? i always thought it was the brain\mind

Brain might could be a good channel to tune in on awareness but awareness exists nowhere. You are it(awareness). Your true nature is that of consciousness. Consciousness exists in everything including you.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

6 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

He was joking...

we cant ever know! xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

we cant ever know! xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

A conman who accepts that he is a conman cannot be a conman by definition! 

Con - an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.

I am not going to spam this thread with our conversation. So, the conversation ends here! :ph34r:

Shanmugam 

4 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

A conman who accepts that he is a conman cannot be a conman by definition! 

Con - an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.

I am not going to spam this thread with our conversation. So, the conversation ends here! :ph34r:

ok, lets go on that spiritual miracle.

how was your final awakening like?

10 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

ok.. :) then listen to or read someone that you understand..

?

also if you understand yourself you understand others. This is where compassion arises in interrelationship. 

@Shanmugam his accent, i mean. im watching your video, i shared it to a girl with anxiety issues

Just now, Ether said:

@Shanmugam his accent, i mean. im watching your video, i shared it to a girl with anxiety issues

oh ok... Yes, his accent is very much indianized.. You can read instead of listening to him.. 

Shanmugam 

@Shanmugambtw,, if u dont mind sharing, y did u had suicidal thoughts? (i read ur bio on amazon)

@Ether I think it will be very hard to find a person in this world who hasn't contemplated suicide even once in his/her lifetime. In a talk, Osho says that the thought of suicide comes to almost EVERYONE at one point on their lives even if as a non serious thought experiment. If not, then that person is either too young or too 'stupid' to actually see the constant suffering coming from the default state of life and surroundings.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Shanmugambtw,, if u dont mind sharing, y did u had suicidal thoughts? (i read ur bio on amazon)

@Ether

the question is

Do ‘WE’ have suicidle thoughts, Or do ‘THEY’ have ‘US’ 

One could ask such a question as..

Are we ‘the self’ a product of the identification and association to those thoughts.

If there are no thoughts is there a self at all??

Seems reasonable no? 

no thoughts no self?????