Loreena

Chakras Exercises Anyone

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone have extensive but useful info on chakra exercises. I have been searching on the internet but mostly vague guided meditations stuff. I'm looking for real exercises not a bunch of feel good words from sooth sayers. 

Practice exercises for each chakra. Can include meditations. But other stuff would be more helpful. Like self transcendence exercises. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

9 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Does anyone have extensive but useful info on chakra exercises. I have been searching on the internet but mostly vague guided meditations stuff. I'm looking for real exercises not a bunch of feel good words from sooth sayers. 

Practice exercises for each chakra. Can include meditations. But other stuff would be more helpful. Like self transcendence exercises. 

Simply place your awareness on the area of the chakra you want to work with. You may also place your hand near it to help you. 

As I'm writing it im not certain it will do anything,  but if anything is real it is awareness,  so I like using it for anything and see what happens! :-D 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Do you want to have physical exercises or meditations?

For physical exercises you could do https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites; you could also check it out on youtube. But make sure you do the correct breathing along the exercises and start with only few repetitions (maybe 3-5). This programme works on every chakra. I personally don't like the whole story around the exercises but taken for itself the exercises are really good.

Generally the advice is not to do energy practices without the guidance of a teacher, as you can mess up the subtle body systems if you do things wrong.

If you want to do them with no guidance,  I would at least recomend you to start by reading a handful of books on the topic, to get an overview of what you are doing. "Eastern Body, Western Mind" is a good one to start with. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

With the heart chakra, I've been visualizing myself loving the wall that I've built around my heart.

Puttimg  your hand on your heart and then visualizing it spreading love throughout your body. (Visualizing breathing into it helps a lot too! ) This will help you forgive yourself and allow your heart chakra to open.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, Erlend K said:

Generally the advice is not to do energy practices without the guidance of a teacher, as you can mess up the subtle body systems if you do things wrong.

If you want to do them with no guidance,  I would at least recomend you to start by reading a handful of books on the topic, to get an overview of what you are doing. "Eastern Body, Western Mind" is a good one to start with. 

Great advice and great book recommendation!

I'm guilty of attempting energy work/ kundalini yoga without the guidance of a teacher. My girlfriend advised against it for this exact reason. It's a shame that this type of thing isn't an innate skill/ innate knowledge, but it isn't. Time to find a teacher! We will thank ourselves for doing so.

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@Loreena

OSHO CHAKRA BREATHING MEDITATION

This active meditation uses deep, rapid breathing and body movement to open and bring awareness, vitality and silence to each of the seven chakras and into your life. 

The meditation is best done on an empty stomach. 

Music and bells support the process and signal the beginning of each stage. The meditation is to be done with its specific OSHO Chakra Breathing Meditation music, which indicates and energetically supports the different stages.

* All chakras lie deep within, rather than on the surface of the body. The following “map” is used to indicate their approximate locations:

1. base chakra:    the sex center, lower pelvis

2. sacral chakra:  just below the navel

3. solar plexus chakra:  above the navel, below the breastbone

4. heart chakra:  the middle of the chest

5. throat chakra:  the throat

6. third eye chakra:  between the eyebrows

7. crown chakra:  top of the head

Instructions:

The meditation lasts one hour and has two stages. It ends when you hear three gongs. Keep your eyes closed throughout. 

First stage: 45 minutes

Stand with your feet a little apart, your body loose and relaxed. With open mouth breathe deeply and rapidly into the first chakra, with equal emphasis on in and out breaths. Keep your attention in the pelvic area, where the first chakra is located. Breathe in a rhythm that feels comfortable and become aware of the feelings and sensations of the chakra. 

Each time you hear a bell, move this same deep, rapid breathing up to the next chakra, letting your breathing become more rapid and gentler. You will take about twice as many breaths in the seventh chakra than in the first.  

You can shake, stretch, rotate or move your body and hands as you feel, but your feet stay in one spot. Once you set the breathing and body in motion, the movement will become continuous and effortless. Your awareness remains primarily with the sensations of the chakras. 

After breathing in the seventh chakra, you will hear three bells. Now let your breath and awareness turn and fall back down through each chakra, your breath slowing from chakra to chakra. You have about two minutes to reach back to the first chakra. Let the whole chakra spectrum from top to bottom blend into one rainbow of energy. 

After this sequence, stand silently for a moment, then start the next sequence. You will complete three full sequences upward and downward.

Second stage: 15 minutes

After the third breathing sequence, sit relaxed and in silence. Remain a witness to whatever is happening within, without judgment.

@Prabhaker  Thanks Prabby. If you got more exercises than these please do post in future here. 

I'm pretty sure the lower 4 chakras are the ones I need to work on most.  I'd like to start with root and work up to heart.

@Joseph Maynor  yea...a lot of people make the mistake of starting right from the top. 

First you need to get your lower in order and then work your way to the top.

@Joseph Maynor but paparadoxically it's also important to work on your top chakras because how you feel spiritually and mentally is also affecting and directing your primal physical functions. So it's like if you work only on the lower ones, that's akin to driving a car without a navigator. So if you want the upper spiritual chakras to influence the lower ones in the right direction then it makes sense to start with the upper ones. It's like if you're in the right state of mind spiritually and mentally you'd also balance out the lower chakras in accordance to your spiritual and mental shifts. 

So yeah, it's a dance here. Work on both simultaneously. A Little bit on the upper and sometimes on the lower. Balance both like juggling. 

Edited by Loreena