TJ Reeves

Perhaps The Most Unexpected Thing About Successful Consciousness Work

22 posts in this topic

What I didn't expect was that I would cry so often when I see beautiful things as a result of consciousness work.

I'd say I tear up in joy almost once or twice a week while doing 'normal' things. Just this morning, I teared because I saw a hummingbird drink nectar next to me.

Usually tearing up occurs in the following process

1. I see some interesting thing "out there"
  2. I look deeper into it,
  3. I see a possible connection that it might have to some deep insight,
  4. Then I look even deeper at the art, using the lens that the art might be a metaphor
  5. I tear up because the metaphor is so beautiful and it was always there and I didn't realize it until right then. 

In truth, everything is beautiful. But here are some of the 'weirder' things I've teared up about because they struck me as beautiful:

• Highlights of Tom Brady winning the Super Bowl and the story of how he got there  (No, I'm not a Patriots fan)
  • Paintings at the Dallas Art Museum (tip: start seeing all art as a metaphor for Absolute Infinity)
  • Insights from books about Enlightenment 
  • A Green June Beetle that landed next to me (fun fact: there are 400,000 species of beetle!)
  • @Leo Guras Videos this month and how well they describe aspects of infinity that I did not know how to describe
  • Sex with my girlfriend (she'd teared up too.)
  • HackSaw Ridge  (basically crying during that entire movie)
  • Some of the ideas for my own book 
  • The fact that I'm alive at all - actually, I've silently cried like 4 or 5 times over this fact. 

As a former football player who grew up in a macho culture, this has been shocking to say the least.

If you begin crying of joy more often, that's a good sign.

If you want, share on this thread some of the weirder things you've cried of joy over.

All the best,

TJ

Edited by TJ Reeves

your feelings resonate deeply with me.

we're welcome.

unborn Truth

@TJ Reeves Great work! That's what all of this ends up leading to: an ecstatic life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@TJ Reeves

I resonate with this 100%. I always heard how men repress their emotions growing up but I thought it was a bunch of bullshit. In reality, I just had no awareness of how much I was stuffing things down.

Things I've cried over recently:

1) Music I love

2) Seeing people coming together for a common good

3) Helping others

4) No reason at all, just happy to be alive :)

It's powerful too, stronger than most emotions I can remember growing up. But I love it.

@TJ Reeves Cool.

I'm still a rookie kid as far as spiritual development goes. I'm still not even close to where you're at. in fact the most recent spiritual insight I've had today is that I really do have tons and tons of spiritual purification work that I still need to do before I get anywhere deep.

So true, classical music is something that is resonating very much with me now whereas before it did not. I can stare at the ocean and be in awe of the beauty. My dog has become a ball of energy I love so much, and he feels my new energy (or simply lack of blocks to sharing that energy).

The world is amazing!!

PS wanted to add - regarding sex... holy mother of.. yea will never be the same.

Edited by Dogsbestfriend

Most people think I'm either in a depression or a drug addict, being happy just for the sake of being happy isn't possible in their mind xD  

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

11 hours ago, TJ Reeves said:

What I didn't expect was that I would cry so often when I see beautiful things as a result of consciousness work.

I'd say I tear up in joy almost once or twice a week while doing 'normal' things. Just this morning, I teared because I saw a hummingbird drink nectar next to me.

Usually tearing up occurs in the following process

1. I see some interesting thing "out there"
  2. I look deeper into it,
  3. I see a possible connection that it might have to some deep insight,
  4. Then I look even deeper at the art, using the lens that the art might be a metaphor
  5. I tear up because the metaphor is so beautiful and it was always there and I didn't realize it until right then. 

In truth, everything is beautiful. But here are some of the 'weirder' things I've teared up about because they struck me as beautiful:

• Highlights of Tom Brady winning the Super Bowl and the story of how he got there  (No, I'm not a Patriots fan)
  • Paintings at the Dallas Art Museum (tip: start seeing all art as a metaphor for Absolute Infinity)
  • Insights from books about Enlightenment 
  • A Green June Beetle that landed next to me (fun fact: there are 400,000 species of beetle!)
  • @Leo Guras Videos this month and how well they describe aspects of infinity that I did not know how to describe
  • Sex with my girlfriend (she'd teared up too.)
  • HackSaw Ridge  (basically crying during that entire movie)
  • Some of the ideas for my own book 
  • The fact that I'm alive at all - actually, I've silently cried like 4 or 5 times over this fact. 

As a former football player who grew up in a macho culture, this has been shocking to say the least.

If you begin crying of joy more often, that's a good sign.

If you want, share on this thread some of the weirder things you've cried of joy over.

All the best,

TJ

I teared up a little today when watching the first episode of a kid's show called "Dogstar". 

"After thousands of years of wars, pollution, undrinkable water and silly cartoon shows, humans are forced to leave Earth and move everything and everyone to a new planet: New Earth. But not everything goes to plan when the Dogstar, a giant space ark containing all of the world's dogs, becomes lost in space. On New Earth, the evil Bob Santino makes his fortune selling canine replacement units, Robogs, and plots to ensure the Dogstar is never found. But the Clark kids desperately miss their real dog, Hobart, and begin a quest through space to find the Dogstar - with Bob in hot pursuit."

:D

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

18 hours ago, TJ Reeves said:

@Leo Guras Videos this month and how well they describe aspects of infinity that I did not know how to describe

SO RELATABLE

@TJ Reeves Have you ever felt the collective consciousness of the planet and it literally bought you to your knees?

53 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@TJ Reeves Have you ever felt the collective consciousness of the planet

If you're talking about the grand version of the collective consciousness - yes, many times, and I cry every time.

But I also feel the more filtered version of it during every day life. By this point, I intuitively recognize that there's no difference between "my" perspective and "my" insights and the collective consciousness/unconsciousness other than the fact that my ego likes to take credit for "my" perspective and "my" insights as if "I" came up with them. We're talking about the difference between one Pando Tree and the entirety of the 6,000,000 kg organism named Pando - some dirt covers up the truth that lies at the roots but the truth is always there. I have personally seen the root system enough times that I now know what signs to look for in the dirt.  

As such, I feel the collective consciousness and residues of the collective unconsciousness every day. So counting the number of times I've felt it is useless. A logarithmic growth chart of how much I feel it would be more appropriate than a countable bar graph. Does this make any sense?

53 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

... and it literally bought you to your knees?

Not my knees. I usually sit down or lay on my back and start screaming "OH I GET IT NOW! OH MY FUCKING GOD I GET IT NOW! THATS FUCKING HILARIOUS! HOW DID I NOT SEE IT! WHAT A JOKE! ITS SO OBVIOUS!" for minutes to hours at a time. B|

Edited by TJ Reeves

@TJ Reeves What a sweet post Reeves! For around three weeks now, I wake up and I'm in the illusion, and in about 20 minutes I'm on the floor crying, and then laughing. The Alone is so beautiful, that it's awesome to relate! Thanks for taking the time to share!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I love this post!

- Seeing everyone in the subway with their serious and gloomy faces and thinking how beautiful everyone is.

- Seeing a disabled kid ride a bike with training weels and his father tell him "Make sure to swallow and look foward!"

- Seeing and hearing a mom sing to her baby.

- Guy helping a blind man cross the street.

- Staring at my girlfriend (now ex) and just feeling so much love.

- Improving on the violin.  Kinda feels sometimes like angels are helping me.

- Seeing special needs kids having fun and how their teachers help them.

I wrote this poem in spanish talking about the beauty of consciousness.  Ill try to translate it here...

Beauty

The brightness of color, the sharpness of sound.

How can I describe the transparency?

A world made out of glass.

To know that things cant be grabbed, and are made out of nothing.

Miraculous, magical, mystical sensations.

Humid eyes contemplate such power.

Looking for yourself and finding you are all.

Letting go and transforming into the moon.

How rich and without luxury.

Beauty of consciousness.

The other day I was driving to work and I saw the beautiful sunrise and I started to cry of joy. It was something so profound that now I know what it is to be alive. 

Edited by nahtanoj

I find myself hugging trees and placing my hand on them, feeling their immense being. Also my hands feel so tiny compared to their magnitude. 

Teach me stillness trees, love you

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Just going to bed each day and realizing how amazing it is to be in a human body and being hold by this beautiful soft bed, feeling with the softness of skin...

That fills me with so much joy. Especially if I was running around all day. 

Or, coming down from a crazy mushroom trip once (4 years ago) tought me how fucking amazing it is that everything has order and appears where I expect it to be. That I can make sense of my world and take time to analyze it. 

But the number of things that can make you happy is really endless if one cares to look. 

Haha. I'll join in.

• I cried over how much there was so much to learn more than a couple of times in my life. Something about an incredible wonder over what the world's knowledge can share.
  • I cried over a simple animation and music video of a father caring for his newborn baby and with love, wishing that he would make a better country for his daughter. Awww. And looking at other people with the same hope.
  • I cried over Carl Sagan's video called The Pale Blue Dot, where he shows a picture of the Earth as a small dot in the middle of the galaxy caught by an actual space probe. And in this video, he recounts how every human being lived in this tiny dot. That there is no sign for help outside our tiny home, and is a message for us to take care of our only home.
  • Thinking of how I beat a depression that lasted for years. Sometimes I just lie down in tears about how grateful I am to be beyond it, and to be alive.
  • No reason. Just happy. Haha.
Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates