Revolutionary Think

I Still Think Sex Is Gross

39 posts in this topic

@Revolutionary Think well I've worked with CAD for three years, and between sex and CAD I'd chose sex

Wow did I just compare an interaction of a human being with a software/machine versus real physical contact between two souls merging with eachother looking for the feeling of oneness? :)

sorry the sarcasm maybe I felt hurt cause I think sex is something sacred and maybe I'm just being feminine 

or maybe I'm just being gross..

anyways, I'd try everything once :)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Well some people might find it gross just some people are embarrassed or find it uncomfortable to visit a public restroom. That actually doesn't make it gross. Only gross for you. 

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. 

By your logic it would mean everyone who is having sex right now is doing something gross but no. 

Imo, sex is beautiful and also not just mechanical but emotional and mental. 

It's the problem with men, tbh.....they don't understand how to balance their sexual desires. (Those who know enjoy it.)

Such men, either they take it too far and make it a perverted addiction or they completely cut off citing reasons like distraction from career, obstacle to growth blah blah blah...the real thing is they just don't know how to juggle different aspects of manhood.

These are unbalanced men. 

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Revolutionary Think Be careful not making conclusions from other people's experiences. If Leo says some stuff it is because he has gone through the whole pua phase and then discarded it. You can't not like apples if you haven't tasted them yet. 

Edited by Socrates

18 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Revolutionary Think When you are thinking rationally, of course sex seems gross. Sex is not a rational thing.

Sex is a play of masculine and feminine energy. Even in same sex couples, the play between those two components is still there. The woman can also play the masculine (dominant) part and the man can play the feminine (receiving) part. 

When I was a virgin, I was also looking at things from the perspective that sex is gross.

BUT, once I actually had sex, I figured out that sex is not just two people rubbing genitals together. It's a whole experience. It's you giving yourself totally to the other person and the other person receiving all of you, accepting all that you are. It's a game of pushing and pulling away, an alternation of slow and rapid movements, a building up of sexual energy to the point of dissolution into the act itself.

You may not have a need for it. That's great to hear. Some are addicted to sex and romance. But, that does not mean it would not make your life better. Sex is the ultimate act of intimacy. You won't ever know what true intimacy is until you have sex. You may not have great sex in the beginning, but once you have one truly deep, bonding and mindblowing sexual experience, that might change your mind about sex entirely and make you start to look at it as being a sacred, spiritual act, not a gross one.

That's what happened to me.

Some people may not feel the need to read. Some may not feel the need to go to the gym. Some may not feel the need to socialize. Although, I doubt that the ones who don't do those things are happier than the ones who do. 

You are here to try everything that life has to offer. Don't limit yourself. Don't make excuses. Play the field for a while. If you don't like it, you can always go back. 

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-- Mark Twain

I gave this post a thumbs up, but I feel like that is not enough lol. This is a really good post. I see the regret and see future regret in some people around me.

Sex according to the Ancient Stoic Emperor Marcus Aurelius

"And in sexual intercourse that it is no more than friction of a membrane and a spurt of mucus ejected"

Although in this quote here marcus is using a technique where he strips down materialistic things to their bare bones, of what they really are, for example he says "when you have roast meat and suchlike foods before you ,to impress on your mind that this is a deady body of a [insert animal here]....."

When you break things down the way marcus does. They make nuances and materials in reality seem much more simplistic and crude. If you look at things the way marcus does, in rationalistic sense( I believe someone mentioned this earlier about looking at thing rationally makes things seem disgusting, but I will bring it up again) things will begin to appear ugly at the simplicity/crudeness/unelegance of it. My theory is when you look at sex (or nearly anything) in this rational way is that the ego says to itself "THATS IT? Really? That all there is to it? NO, there must be more, there is more than that" as the ego has a hard time of embracing the void and simplicty of things.

Peoples perspectives on what things disgusts them and what does not disgust them varies. One person might have sex and find it pleasurable, another might have sex and find that it digusts him. There are probably many factors involved in what makes someone find something disgusting and other things beautiful such as thier culture, beleifs, religion etc. I am not certain, I am not a neuro scientist.

To give you an extreme example. Apparently this is considered attractive somewhere in africa.

I believe for example the Author Harry Philips Lovecraft who wrote the horror-fiction book "Call of cthulu" did not like sex at all according to a documentary I watched on him. I would argue someone with someone with a weak sex drive has an advantage in persuing their life purpose. One less distraction so to speak. One less plesure to become a slave to.

Getting engaged with someone could potentially be the ultimate trojan horse invading your life if your not careful and focused on what your ultimate life goal is. How many have abandoned the persuit of their life purpose I wonder for a life-long "lets have a family" type relationship with another all because of sex drive and other such factors which make one person cling to the other. (Financial reasons, to escape lonelyness, seeking of a intimate meaningful relationship etc). 

Sex is just another nuance in reality, and is not everything beautiful in reality in its own way? Is not everything ugly in its own way? For example, Marcus says that is a way, the cracks in the bakers bread, are its in own way, a failure of the bakers profession. (And I think he goes on to say that the smell of the baked bread goes on to stimulate the appetite)

i suppose it depends what your perspective is. Are the cracks in the bakers bread ugly or are they beautiful?  I dont know. Thats up to you. Perhaps beauty is relative, and so to what is ugly and disgusting. And also relativty itself is "relative"? ( I'll spare going into that to stop mindfucking everyone, myself included , in this thread)

I dont know. This is just my point of view from a rather limited perspetive. I have not experianced sex , but I believe even though it can be a "mind blowing" experiance or euphoric experiance if done correctly with intimacy and "love", that if one is to miss out in having such an experiance or experiances in ones life, one would not be missing out much. For there are many roses to smell, and sex is only one of them. I might argue sex might be a blade of grass beneath the roses alongside things such as getting a college degree or travelling to a certain place in the world, for there is much greater experiances than all of these combined such as becoming enlightened, having an enlightment experiance, having an existential 5-meo experiance, achieiving ones life purpose, staying on the path of mastery, taking joy in the plateau. Still, it does not mean the grass is not worth smelling, it would only be a small pitty not to smell it at least once.

Basically, no sex drive, no big deal. Just a small pity. (Im trying to remember a Don Juan quote to put down here where he says " In a warriors life nothing is ever a [blank] it is only a pitty" but I cannot remember it.  Basically what he means by the quote is that there is so so many things to take from in life, if a warrior does not manage or does not experiance a certain thin it is only a pity. I might be wrong, I would have to look at the quote again)

This is drawing from my limited perspective on the matter. I could definately be wrong. That being said, I am pretty confident on what I have said on this matter if you can call it that.

Person 1 "Sex is Awesome"

My awnser "Sure, why not? ;) "

Person 2"Sex is gross"

My Answer :"Sure, why not? ;) " 

Damned if you do have it , damned if you dont. Its all relative and absolutely infinite. All of it.

Edited by Lorcan

@Revolutionary Think Why do you consider your genitals disgusting and not any other part of your body?

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

On 7/30/2017 at 2:41 PM, Revolutionary Think said:

Did you even listen to what I said? This isn't a problem it's an orientation. I'm asexual and have no problem with it. I just wanted to get people's philosophical insights on what they think about the way I feel. This isn't a problem to be solved. It's the way I feel and I have no problem with it. 

I agree that asexuality is an orientation and I don't think that you should have a problem with that.

but you do have a problem with sex. you have a problem with pee. and you have a problem with life/birth. these have nothing to do with sexuality but they are hang-ups you have.

you don't want to have sex - then don't have sex. me too lol I had sex and it didn't really feel like the holy grail everyone made it out to be. and it was good sex - just - I'd literally put off dating for lack of interest until I was 20, and when I finally did get into it it was just whatever nbd felt better than masturbation and validity of being with a person but who fucking care lol. I might have sex again if reason comes (from a partner's desires) but personally, I've no desire for it and could easily see my life unfold happily single and sexless. for various subtleties I'm technically grey-ace but sex? I'd prefer not to. 

but this post isn't about sex being amazing or anything. I don't find it amazing either, friend :) if you don't want sex in your life, then don't have it your life, I've no argument there. but I noticed several things in your OP that are repulsions, so I just wanted to risk making you feel more cornered by us respondents by pointing that out :/

On 7/31/2017 at 6:42 AM, Socrates said:

@Revolutionary Think Be careful not making conclusions from other people's experiences. If Leo says some stuff it is because he has gone through the whole pua phase and then discarded it. You can't not like apples if you haven't tasted them yet. 

go do everything possibly imaginable and then come back and tell me that you have to try everything twice before you turn it down lol. let the man choose not to do whatever things if he don't wanna.

just because you experience your reality by one set of rules doesn't mandate those rules upon everyone else.

@alyra Not every activity is on the same level. You naturally have some tendencies both from your biology and your individuality.

@MsNobody To each their own and if you feel sex is sacred that's an opinion and I can respect that. Fortunately we live (or at least I live) in a free society where just because someone feels that they like something doesn't mean they're going to shove it down someone else's throat (except for maybe the stupid public education system that's shoved down all of our throats). Anyway you worked with CAD for three years and if you don't mind me asking were you working with it for 3D printing and getting paid for it? Also what CAD software was it I'm using Fusion 360.

@Revolutionary Think This is totally hypocritical ...but I often have little tollerance for intollerance, and I just want you to know I respect you regardless of your choice in this realm...I hope you did not feel bullied for sharing such an intimate quality...anyway.... I also think that some people have made some exquisite comments with the intention to inspire your openmindedness.....and openmindedness is usually something beneficial to consider...on one hand you've shown this uniqueness and diversity that people often keep hidden with a fiery boldness, and on the other hand you've opened a pandoras box of curiosity for some, and judgement for others....as the curious sort myself...i'm wondering if i can ask you a question? If yes, is this an actual value for you at this point?

This got me thinking.. Everytime i take MDMA with others especially girls they seem to get extremely horny but i on the other hand see it as a very low consciousness act at the time, it doesn't interest me one bit on the other hand, dance, music, communication and tai chi or martial arts or something in the flow like deep conversations about life and the universe seem much more attractive to me as everything in life becomes simple again. I feel very bad i've turned many down because i can see how its the animalistic/ego side of things that's craving that and as i feel connected to the higher me(if you will) those little acts seem silly and unwise at the time.

I remember sometimes with my ex we'd always want to experience what it was like to have sex on ecstasy and always had that plan but soon as it kicked it i would be miles deep in universal thought it and cosmic realizations it would be the least of my interests at the time and yeah... I guess after you already had a spiritual awakening every psychedelic experience as long as you do them respectfully is like getting enlightened and remember everything again all over again that the physical world and its sensations are almost no present for me at that moment all i wanna do is swim in the vibrations of the universe and actually feel what usually cannot be felt.

Anyone else get this?

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Revolutionary Think I don't believe that you don't care about sex and that you find it uninteresting. I think you have major unresolved issues with your sexuality (be it whatever it may). To me, it sounds like you have suffered some serious emotional trauma. When I read your text, I see desperation, anger and hurt.

That's just what I feel. Maybe it's not true, but I just wanted to tell my opinion in a straightforward manner.

@Pallero Well, in my past I was really hurt by my parents divorce and the crap that happened to me as a child. I think it has nothing to do with the sex thing though. I just find it naturally gross and I'll give you an example imagine if someone felt it was amazing to blow there nose with all over your mouth and body and rub it on you. I just think semen looks too much like snot from the nose and it's made up of mucous as well I find nothing exciting about it. Also I just find it so strange that the same place we pee from as men is the same place that life comes from. I don't know it's just really weird and strange to me. Growing up though I was always different most of my peers were interested in sports and things like parties and I never was. So I think your childhood trauma thing is a plausible theory but, in this instance it doesn't apply to me. 

@Revolutionary Think I didn't read all the comments but overall it seems like you're taking this thing too seriously. I mean if you think it's gross you can just see it's an idea right. Reality doesn't care about it, it's going to be the way it is. Your mind is giving you the idea that it's gross and you're buying it. Not to say that's right or wrong.  It seems like you're just having this topic in your mind as your current distraction. To help you get over it I'd overall say that you don't need to know. This works for other stuff too.

Asexuality is very understandable, although I'd assume it to be similar to being introverted or not wanting to spend time with others. What I mean is that then you just don't see a point or the point doesn't seem worth it for you to do it. However considering yourself asexual or anything might end up being a limiting belief. I wouldn't like to identify as anything. Of course you always limit yourself from something when you set a purpose etc, but I don't think identifying as asexual does anything for you.

@YaNanNallari I was just responding to @Pallero who was assuming I had unresolved issues. And no this idea isn't on the forefront of my mind all the time I just wanted to get it out there because people just assume things about other people. 

@Revolutionary Think  I see. But why do you think that snot and pee are gross? I don't think that it's natural for people to find those things gross at all. :) It's just your body working as it should. I think it's beautiful. I think that these are all unresolved issues and they are all related to sex! :D

Maybe it's a good thing.  Maybe it's a bad thing.

Watch this video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor