Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mk0998

Random Ramblings

2 posts in this topic

I will be writing an exam next Thursday in Mechanical Engineering as I am a Student of that discipline. Typing on this keyboard made me wonder about the technological evolution the of typing or writing. If one goes back in time to see how the typing mechanism evolved. Starting with the typewriter, in which typing was mere mechanical action that resulted in the printing of ink on a piece of paper. Looking at the my laptop now; it is still basically the same mechanism but with different means. Like fire and the light bulb both provide luminescence and heat, but the light bulb is an evolved fire pit,the creator of the light bulb Mr.Thomas Edison, was nothing more than the same primordial human who by shear chance just rubbed two stones with each other creating a spark which eventually turned into a flame, flame becoming a fire to light this home we occupy ( this is a lyric from the tool song Intention from their album 10,000 days). The new evolved version of the light bulb is the LED. So i guess this how technology evolves. If it weren't for these rather noble individuals, humans beings would have been perished through the merciless elements of nature. As Nikola Tesla mentioned that the Inventor strives to use this power endowed by nature to help the human race. Human Beings will eventually progress towards enlightenment, the new state in our evolution as a species. One still wonders whether if this progression to this higher state even possible, with our increasing self interest,consumption and war. Still this might be good, for for the new to be born the old must atrophy and die . From death life is created. They constitute one whole, the yin and the yang.

8 hours ago, mk0998 said:

...Human Beings will eventually progress towards enlightenment, the new state in our evolution as a species. One still wonders whether if this progression to this higher state even possible, with our increasing self interest,consumption and war. Still this might be good, for for the new to be born the old must atrophy and die . From death life is created. They constitute one whole, the yin and the yang.

Achieving enlightenment is in the opposite direction to where most are heading. That is why enlightenment is rare.

The opposite is not a progression as such. It is not striving or following a path. it's not actually doing anything really. It requires one to not be controlled or influenced by their fearful ego. Once the ego is still and muted then nothing can get in the way of finding the truth about reality. In those findings one becomes less ignorant and more enlightened.

So the question is, how do we still and mute the ego? By doing nothing. It is the doing which keeps the ego in play for validity. Doing something like following a path to enlightenment gives the ego plenty of things to claim, such as secret/special knowledge that actually leads to more suffering.

Letting go of self and everything, and accepting everything, makes room for truth to present itself. It is the truth which eliminates ignorance (the opposite to enlightenment). So how do we let go and accept? By not interfering. By not doing something to get something.

So we can see how this is the opposite direction to what everybody seems to be doing.

There is one thing I wish to point out here. An enlightened person is not necessarily ignorant free, and therefore enlightened 24/7. It is similar to knowing you can do anything, but you cannot do everything. However, most people do not even think about enlightenment in the first place. They are more interested in gaining kudos for their ego.