Damir Elezi

Regular People Suck.

14 posts in this topic

After I spent some time really concentrating on studying various traditions and philosophies, meditating, introspecting and looking at nature, I noticed that I am more and more tired of the way regular people around me behave. By regular people I mean people who do not care about the big picture of their lives, who don't seem to look at it a bit deeper, who just follow the normal track society shows them. Like, 90% of people. I don't really enjoy regular conversations any more, I don't even like to be in the presence of other people any more. Everything these people talk and worry about seems so shallow and stupid to me. I feel compassion towards them, it's not like I hate everybody, but I get the feeling that it's not worth it to talk to anyone instead of the very few people I really care about and people who seems to be on a similar track as me.

I feel like I come off a bit arrogant, but it's just how I feel. I literally enjoy walking around in the woods or looking at some small insect more than talking to another human being. But this is a bit counter productive in a world which is strongly influenced by humans right? I mean, I still need their support if I want to have a successful carreer for example. 

Is this a normal sign of growth or is it something I should work on? Did you experience something like that?

Im with you all the way that is pretty much as i would describe my situation. What i try to do is to actually see it all as a game to be an actor in this society and conscious at that obviously the hilarious thing about this is everyone else seems bound to his persona while me, I can be whoever i want at any given moment while still consciously see that it is just an act. Discover the playfulness of life and how beautiful existence is there is even beauty in those who are ignorant because it is a kind of real life comedy they perform.
Of course it does not always go perfectly after almost 2 years of meditation and self actualization i do not stay on a very high level of consciousness all the time especially when subjects get emotional for me i still like to release what is waiting inside even if i know it is consciously not the right thing to do.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@Damir Elezi It's a phase.

Note: it is the mark of a regular person to think that people suck ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You live in Germany which is the most politically correct country in Europe, where people is respectful, considerate with the others, polite...

If you lived in Spain, Italy or with gypsies you'd become crazy.

I started meditating , and also become vegetarian. All of this becouse of 'regular' ppl around me. I love my friends , mostly are encouraging and positive. Give yourself some time , and focus strongly on your task.

@Moreira Funny you mention it, I actually come from a macedonian gypsy family :D we just live in germany.

Edited by Damir Elezi

"The moment you measure you are insufficient." J Krishnamurti

Regular people are MAD!

Stay away! Hide in a cave and meditate there for 50 years until they all inevitably destroy themselves.

8 hours ago, Moreira said:

You live in Germany which is the most politically correct country in Europe, where people is respectful, considerate with the others, polite...

If you lived in Spain, Italy or with gypsies you'd become crazy.

I live in germany aswell. it really depends on where you are in germany in the areas where the most people live people are not polite in any way even people in the usa are more polite but i guess this will also depend on the areas.
The thing that is reallly annoying about germany is the fact that people trust the mainstream in every way that you can not possibly criticise anything because the backlash will be strong and their political correctness is making this even worse those.
Let me give you an example of this. I hear a friend talk about money all the time how he wants to be rich how he wants to study something which does not even interest him in any way just to get money.. Now when i say something about money not being the thing that makes you happy most people around us will be on his side even though they know they are wrong they will defend this position by any means because it would mean their picture of life is collapsing. Even worse are those instagram "stars" who will not stop talking about thier 500€ shoes. 
But of course i say this only on a surface level showing how i can understand why people hate others i really actually like being around those people because it is a beautiful experience anyway.

Edited by LaucherJunge

I used to think and still partly do that regular people are all the same, hungry for stimulation only interested in gossip, tv series and greasy food.

This is probably a result of judgmental family, friends, and peers in general as long as I remember myself.

But the more I look into it this attitude even if it is true, it only brings me harm since I can't let go and have fun.

The hard thing is that negativity and judgment are so abundant in this world that even if i try to fix it, when I encounter a judgmental person or experience It puts me right back into argue-judge-categorize mode and since everyone around me is like that I am trapped in an echo-chamber.

There is also a case that this is all my imagination.

UPDATE: I noticed that most of the time when I think about people this way, it's not about some random person, but about my family. It seems like I don't recognize myself in them any more at all. Since I don't have much social contact, I may have projected that onto everybody.

Leo often says that he stays away from his family for similar reasons, that they are mostly negative people who he calls "chimp-like". What are your thoughts on that?

And thank you for your replies, they reminded me of how arrogant It can be to think of oneself as 'more conscious than others'

You're only going off the look of the form. Before Eckhart Tolle was famous you could he been sat next to him on a bus, in his shirt and blazer, and have been thinking 'ugh look at this unconscious, corporate drone'.

The beauty of it is, is that anybody could be doing vigorous consciousness work. 

On the way back from meditating in an isolation tank tonight I stopped to buy a packet of Oreos and was munching on them in the line at the bus stop.

The thought popped up that yeah, I think I'm special because I'm into self-actualization, but I'm not, and nobody gives a damn xD 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

For the way I see it. The Earth rotates on it's axis, the sun rises and the sun sets, and the waves in the sea will always be. What does that have to do with me absolutely nothing. The Universe doesn't care about who we are and what we feel it'll be doing the same exact thing its done for billion of years regardless of our feelings, whether we are dead or alive, or what we think about others. Our happiness and well being is our own responsibility. 

Although I can relate to you on the part where I think the majority of people aren't really that mindful again the Universe really doesn't care. Heck Tomorrow that psychopath in North Korea could create World War 3 and millions of people can get hurt and die because of some fat kids ego and narcissism. Yet, the Universe will still do what it did for billions of years not really caring. So I guess the point is enjoy this place while it lasts and just try to do the best for yourself. Even in this video clip about a video game the bad guy tell the good guy that the city didn't stop for his grieving family just like the Universe isn't going to stop for the way we feel. Although sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow to think this way and I'm still trying to swallow it.