Mario

Family Problem

8 posts in this topic

I'm fifteen and my parents have crippling fears about self-actualization work . I tried to convince them but it didn't work very well and i asked (naively ) to a family friend to help me persuade them . She said that this work could bring me to suicide because i'm too young  and imprudent . Now I fear this work too and i can't buy Leo's books nore the life purpose course wich i was so optimistic about. I've acknowleged that trying to convince my parents to buy these things right now is useless and i need to be more prudent and cautious with this work. Furthermore my parents are extremely aware of any unusual behaviors such as sadness and i'm scared that they could take my internet. I know that this goes against integrity but i need to know the most subtle and prudent ways i can approach this work right now ( apart from meditation and yoga ) 

Edited by Mario

Sorry i wrote another post similar to this . You can reply if you want to

Why don't you just do the work and not bother trying to convince your parents? Trying to persuade them might do more harm than good. Also, you don't need the booklist and life purpose course to do the work. I think they are more of a bonus. I suppose the life purpose course could be pretty useful but remember that you are only fifteen and are only at the beginning of your journey. Don't be impatient, you have a lot of time, enjoy it :) 

Yeah do not ever try to convince your parents to do self actualization, they will worry about your mental health if they are low consciousness monkeys like the rest of society

@Mario

I am impressed you are doing this work at your age, keep it up I would say!

Anyway, my parents also responded negatively when I started out, though I am an adult so they can’t forbid me to do it. I recommend thinking about what you want to say to your parents. What do you want your parents to know about your work?

Your parents understand that you are a child whom is not fully develop, so they might be afraid that you dive into very deep and mature topics which you might interpret wrong. They might not understand self-actualization, because they aren’t into it themselves and when people don’t know something they might get ideas about the content of the subject which don’t align with the reality of it.

About resources, you can borrow books at school or library, find articles on the internet and your school probably has computers to access the internet. When you are longer at school they might be proud of you, because they think you work hard at on your education, though you are doing something that might be even better for you.

I hope you understand that they want to protect you, because that’s what parents do. Good luck with this challenge!

On 7/8/2017 at 9:21 PM, ParanoidAndroid said:

Why don't you just do the work and not bother trying to convince your parents? Trying to persuade them might do more harm than good. Also, you don't need the booklist and life purpose course to do the work. I think they are more of a bonus. I suppose the life purpose course could be pretty useful but remember that you are only fifteen and are only at the beginning of your journey. Don't be impatient, you have a lot of time, enjoy it :) 

Ok... but in 3 to 4 years i'll have to enter in the job market . I mean... i could pick a job and earn money to buy books and courses but it would be far better if i had kind of figured out what i want to do right now that i have more free time . I don't know even if i can earn money right now because of how suspicious my parents have become :S

6 hours ago, Marinus said:

@Mario

I am impressed you are doing this work at your age, keep it up I would say!

Anyway, my parents also responded negatively when I started out, though I am an adult so they can’t forbid me to do it. I recommend thinking about what you want to say to your parents. What do you want your parents to know about your work?

Your parents understand that you are a child whom is not fully develop, so they might be afraid that you dive into very deep and mature topics which you might interpret wrong. They might not understand self-actualization, because they aren’t into it themselves and when people don’t know something they might get ideas about the content of the subject which don’t align with the reality of it.

About resources, you can borrow books at school or library, find articles on the internet and your school probably has computers to access the internet. When you are longer at school they might be proud of you, because they think you work hard at on your education, though you are doing something that might be even better for you.

I hope you understand that they want to protect you, because that’s what parents do. Good luck with this challenge!

The school system in Italy doesn't allow it and there are no decent libraries in my town ¬¬

Edited by Mario

Ok , by letting out my thoughts i just realized that i'm procrastinating by dwelling on what i can't control. Btw can someone give me some certainties about this work and how it has affected your life? Sometimes it's hard to ignore confusion and just work . I often worry that actualized.org is just a fraud

Edited by Mario

51 minutes ago, Mario said:

Ok , by letting out my thoughts i just realized that i'm procrastinating by dwelling on what i can't control. Btw can someone give me some certainties about this work and how it has affected your life? Sometimes it's hard to ignore confusion and just work . I often worry that actualized.org is just a fraud

You can only know if it works by applying it. Nothing in life is certain, you might dye tomorrow for example.

If you want inspiration, there are many people on this forum that inspire me, so browse a bit I would say. My own biggest change thanks to personal development is more acceptance of my nature and self love.

Don't expect the world to transform your life in an instant, things take time.  At your age you have some big advantages and like brain flexibility and a faster learning capacity. To me highschool was internally very hard and that gave birth to problems I now want to outgrow. 

Actualized.org isn't a fraud, I haven't found that many people like Leo that give this kind of in depth and high quality knowledge  , I bought the course and the book list, both products are in my opinion of great value. 

You still got a whole future for you, but time flies fast, so spend it wisely.