Hardik jain

Which Life Is Better?

11 posts in this topic

1. A life where in one has a lot of people with him and a good social connection and great family.

2. A person who has no social life.?

If 2nd is better than 1 then why do you feel sad?

Why should we feel sad? 

To address the question: I think, social connections are a wonderful add-on for life, but solitude can be equally rewarding. 

43 minutes ago, Hardik jain said:

1. A life where in one has a lot of people with him and a good social connection and great family.

The ideal is both (1) and (2).

In that way, when you are with family and friends, life is good. Then when you find yourself alone, life is good also.

I'd watch the lonilness video Leo posted recently. He really hits the nail in the head with this topic 

8 hours ago, Hardik jain said:

Maybe you are extrovert so you get energized by a lot of contact with many friends and family. 

Me, I am introvert, I really don't have that desire. So not hanging often with a lot of people doesn't make me sad. The contrary actually. 

One or the other is not better per se. It's just individual differences. Not the same is right for everyone. Which is a good thing. The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same. 

@Hardik jain Are you suggesting that everything is equal in their lives other than what you have listed? If so than obviously 1. Even if more conscious people than us say that the greatest happiness is found by being by yourself, you still would need some socialization. Spending your whole life without a social life which would have to include not having love would be a shame.

4 hours ago, TeamBills said:

@Hardik jain Are you suggesting that everything is equal in their lives other than what you have listed? If so than obviously 1. Even if more conscious people than us say that the greatest happiness is found by being by yourself, you still would need some socialization. Spending your whole life without a social life which would have to include not having love would be a shame.

What do you mean "not having love?" True love is found within.

I think the best way to go is to embody 2) and then you can have the best 1) and while you're working towards 2) you can also make 1) help you get there ;)

Edited by Vladimir

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

8 hours ago, Vladimir said:

@TeamBills Yeah this exact mentality is what creates much suffering

All I'm saying is you would be missing out on a part of life if you didn't have anyone that loved you FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. Being desperate for it can create suffering, but never experiencing it for your whole life is a missed opportunity. I wouldn't recommend for you to go through your whole without any social interaction what-so-ever or any love from another person what-so-ever. If you want to go right ahead. 

Solitude can be intrinsically and extremely pleasant only if you learn how to enjoy it. It's because of social conditioning that we constantly compare ourselves with others and feel unhappy because somehow social culture has implanted the idea that solitude is equal loneliness and strangeness. However the greatest poets, authors, artists had their best moments of peace, creativity and insights during moments of reflection in complete solitude. 

The quality of a moment spent alone by yourself cannot be measured by set standards, it's very much a subjective experience that depends on the person experiencing it.

Being social has its own benefits. You learn and when surrounded by happy positive people, their energy makes you happy too. 

It's very much a balance between the two. Both can be rewarding in their own ways. 

Depends which one you wish to choose out of the two.Both  are necessary in a balance. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly