Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ry4n

Thoughts On Modafinil?

5 posts in this topic

Just curious to hear your guys thoughts about modafinil. Have any of you tried it? Is it effective? Is it dangerous? Personally I'm only 17 but wanted to try it a few times and maybe use it more when I'm older, mainly for productivity during study and creativity when music producing (my career aspiration).

I once ordered through a generic site called modafinilcat or something (can't remember the exact name, it was like a year and a half ago) and to be honest they did work.

The first time I used it I felt the effect of them right away, my mind was super focused on everything, my monkey mind was still chattering but what was cool about it is I was aware of it the whole time. I literally knew everything I was thinking about. Unfortunately, during that time of my life I wasn't a daily meditator so my monkey mind couldn't be calmed. But hey, awareness alone is curative right? :P 

I also expiremented modafinil with cannabis and I was so freaking aware of everything. It was like a super clear weed high, I got so many cool insights about life at that time, though they were probably amateur insights compared to insights you get with psychedelics (I could be wrong because I never tried psychedelics nor do I know how to get them ¬¬)

but after a week I didn't seem to notice a difference. Not sure if my experience at first was a placebo or I just quickly developed a tolerance for them

I quickly stopped using them (might have only bought them once) because my budget didn't allow me to repurchase at the time, and I just forgot about them after that. Hell, I forgot they even existed before stumbling across this thread 

It is pretty effective, though I've stopped taking it after becoming awake. You get a very similar vividness as when you are awake, same with the focus. However it's a cheap version of it, and growing tolerance will gradually make it less effective and less effective - at least it did for me. You get very easily annoyed with people, feel like you can't accept inefficiency - which rarely anyone is all the time. Be careful what you combine it with, this has a heavy effect on your body I feel. Eventually you can feel the being awake as tinged with something.. not true. Suppose it's fine in moderate doses as with anything. I didn't like how it made me. I've never taken it while awake though curious what effect it would have as most experiences change.

Wanted to add, do NOT take it when you have nothing to do. As for creativity it was not create, the energy is too jittery imo, does not allow for good creative flow states. There are all my personal experiences, I've always been very sensitive to supplements/medicines though so take it as you will.

Edited by Dogsbestfriend

Hey.

I use it now and again. It usually puts me into the 'doing' mode, rather than the 'being' mode. That said after my latest enlightenment experience, I've found that using it doesn't take me out of my daily heightened awareness. I have been able to re-direct the focus it brings into beingness, possibly from the additional concentration modafinil provides.

A few thoughts on it:

* I don't like to talk on it, I just like to get my shit done

* I don't have any time for 'time-wasters', there is lessened patience,

* It does help focus, but can occasionally cause that speedy agitation.  (so I use half a 100mg tab)

Am I sold on it? 'meh'. It's not the Limitless drug it was claimed to be. 

Is it useful on this path? Probably not amazing for spiritual growth, but might help you knuckle down on your life purpose. 

@Voyager Do you think 17 is too young to do it? Assuming that I only do it a few times a year and don't rely on it, also I don't do any spiritual practice currently besides meditation.