Lord God

Why Do You Guys Bother Listening To Leo Anymore?

85 posts in this topic

@Ramu But even that is a concept.  The true skeptic drops even that conception.  Or he holds it loosely if he does hold it, not like a fact but more like a useful rule of thumb.  This is tricky to do because we want to know, to have a definitive fact, to settle the issue, to be right.  But that's another part of the illusion right there.  Another piece of the problem.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Thats why I surrendered.  Read the Untethered Soul, and The Surrender Experiment by Joseph Singer.  Also read some Mooji.  I've had three fucking mindblowing enlightenment experiences.  Peeks behind the curtain that have changed my view of everything, 180 degrees.  Its Liberation, friend.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

9 hours ago, Hsinav said:

More dogma.

Not necessarily.  If SOUL is a true skeptic, then his claim is not dogmatic but extremely openminded.

Yeah, not necessarily and very unlikely I would say. My guess is that @SOUL is very openminded and knows what she is doing.

Nevertheless, everything can potentially lead to dogmatic behaviour, it´s all up to you.

9 hours ago, Hsinav said:

More dogma.

Thinking dogma is dogma is dogma and calling that dogma is dogma.....now that we cleared this up we can free ourselves from it.

34 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Thinking dogma is dogma is dogma and calling that dogma is dogma.....now that we cleared this up we can free ourselves from it.

Whoa bro, stop with this dogma ;):D

I've said this before, say it again, the only way this infinite cycle can be broken is through silence. Everything we say can be considered dogma if need be LOL

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo This is so true.  Everybody wants to have the last word to win.  Need to be right.  Need to solve the problem.  Need to make the last intelligent point.  Need to be the one to put the issue to bed.  See?  That makes me right.  Now my ego gets to feel good for 5 minutes too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But even that is a concept.  The true skeptic drops even that conception.  Or he holds it loosely if he does hold it, not like a fact but more like a useful rule of thumb.  This is tricky to do because we want to know, to have a definitive fact, to settle the issue, to be right.  But that's another part of the illusion right there.

The concept itself isn't really the problem, because we can use a concept in the moment to navigate through a current circumstance we are in. If we cling to that concept and it becomes a part of a paradigm we call it truth and even go around telling others it's the truth. This is when the concept passes from something we used in the moment to manage a situation to becoming something personally dogmatic.

Finding a way to use a concept in the moment, as scaffolding, and not become attached to it as "truth" is tricky as you mentioned, our mind wants to be "right", to have the knowledge. We can train the monkey mind to become not clingy to the things that pass through it, to cease giving it importance or imparting a truthiness to it and make it part of it's monkey process to let go of it.

So as we approach what we call enlightenment, which is another concept in itself that we should let go of, our mind doesn't become a hindrance by clinging to the scaffolding that may guide us to free our awareness. A concept doesn't defile, it isn't a sin, it's a tool, it's scaffolding used for the moment we use it then we let go of it.

Edited by SOUL

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Whoa bro, stop with this dogma ;):D

I've said this before, say it again, the only way this infinite cycle can be broken is through silence. Everything we say can be considered dogma if need be LOL

I do try to stop with the dogma and I appreciate you reminding me to.

Although, the concept that "the only way this infinite cycle can be broken is through silence" is dogma, too, even if it's not said and just held in the mind as a truth....jussayin....:P

Just now, SOUL said:

I do try to stop with the dogma and I appreciate you reminding me to.

Although, the concept that "the only way this infinite cycle can be broken is through silence" is dogma, too, even if it's not said and just held in the mind as a truth....jussayin....:P

Btw I knew that as I was writing it. It's not a problem. When I said everything, it included my post. My post was not silence. Or maybe it was ;) ?

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

You know guys, sometimes my head really spins of all this thinking ?

Does anyone like donuts?

12 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Btw I knew that as I was writing it. It's not a problem. When I said everything, it included my post. My post was not silence. Or maybe it was ;) ?

It just illustrates how easy it is for the mind to cling to a concept as truth so attracts the attention of our awareness and distract us from being present. It's not wrong or bad, it's just the natural behavior of the mind, that's what it evolved to do. Although, we are seeking to transcend the need or desire to engage in it at the core of our consciousness, the awareness, even if the mind seeks to capture our attention with it's monkey mind dance...lol

Edited by SOUL

An idea, or teaching, or statement is not necessarily dogma. It only becomes dogma when it is held as such -- when it is held rigidly and refuses to be questioned or looked at from a different perspective, when one refuses to drop it.

As long as you're open to admitting you're wrong, and you're willing to question your own ideas, and you're willing to explore new perspectives, and you're aware that the map is not the territory, you're not being dogmatic.

Calling people dogmatic just for expressing an idea or having an opinion isn't nuanced enough. By that definition, everyone is always dogmatic, including the most enlightened masters.

The only thing that's being asked of you is to be epistemically humble. Just don't be ideological about life. That's all this dogma-talk boils down to. People either understand that and embody this humility, or they don't understand that and they walk around insisting they're right.

As long as you're able to drop all your ideas, you're good. It's a very simple principle. But very difficult to execute consistently because the mind loves certainty and arguing to prove that its right.

The most direct way to do this is simply this: set a genuine intent to not be ideological in your life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thank you so much for all the videos you've created. What you communicate on a weekly basis has helped grow my awareness and change my life little by little. Still ways to go :) I also appreciate this community of like-minded beings, where we get to share ideas and learn from each other. Sending out positive vibes to all :x To infinity and beyond!

6 hours ago, blazed said:

This thread is BS.

Why do anything in life? Why ever watch another movie ever again? Or read threads in a forum? Or do any fun activity ever again, why do anything at all to be honest, just eat, sleep, shit and die.

Watching Leo's videos is part of the dance you speak of, just like everything else, and so your question becomes redundant.

However,  his thread is also part of the dance, so it's ok :D

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

7 minutes ago, Arman said:

I'm catmatic myself 

I find your inability to drop your cats disturbing..

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

It's ironic, sir but still -- you do have a point.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Lord God "That can be disregarded once you learn the truth."

Who here has learned the truth?  Like really, how many?  Probably not a lot.

Why does anyone do anything?  Or what if they are following heart and listening to him?  Why do you think you're the appointed voice of reason?  

They're just your opinions.  Why follow your opinions over Leo's?  Maybe some people here don't follow Leo?  Maybe some people only come onto this forum for like five minutes a day, perhaps just to research rudimentary spiritual practices?  I'm not triggered, just giving some alternate viewpoints.

The idea of following heart is great, so people should be allowed to do that without being shamed for what they do in their free time.  Part of following heart is not letting people dictate your actions.

Your heart says this forum is not good for you.  Someone else might have a different path than you.

Really what this forum could possibly use is more encouragement for people to look inwards, rather than people telling others how they should practice or why they are wrong.

Look inwards, do what feels right for you and your journey. Always.

Is this dogmatic, btw?  I can't tell. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, Lord God said:

You do realize he doesn't know anything?

He's said this many times to you, all he does is paint a scaffolding that can be disregarded once you learn the truth.

Forget leo, forget his crap, forget thinking about how reality works, just do what your heart tells you to. It comes from a much higher existence than any nonsensical rationalism you might invent. Feelings > Thoughts.

Anyways this place blows, I'm out folks. Time to start a true spirituality forum where the actual truth is spoken, and not a bunch of circle jerkers playing with their little egos.

Lololol

P.S. You guys take life way too seriously, just dance, dance yourselves to death and beyond!

One of the hardest things when your trying to effect change is that_ _ people like this gentleman_ _ are right- In some cases.            Steve Jobs