Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian

30 Day Meditation Challenge

13 posts in this topic

I figured that since it has been a challenge for me to start a regular meditation practice, I would start this 30 day challenge just to push myself outside my comfort zone. For the next 30 days, I am committing to meditate for 20 minutes every day - no exception. I will post here every day for the next 30 days just to update you guys on where I am at and what I'm going through so it should be fun. Let's gooooo!

Day 1

Today I meditated 20 minutes in one sitting from 4:30-4:50pm.

Positives: I encountered little resistance and I did not check my phone once during the session. 

Negatives: I learned my back against a surface and that made me my meditation session less focused. Also, try to meditate earlier in the day, ideally in the morning. 

Next time: Sit with your back up straight and zone more in on the present. 

Day 2 

Meditated 20 minutes from 2:17-2:37 pm. 

Positives: Did not check my phone once during session. I also focused on being aware of my thoughts. 

Negatives: Did not sit up straight without any back-support. Also, I decided to lye on my bed which increased the risk of me falling asleep during the session -- no go

Next time: Sit up straight -- maybe in a chair -- and don't check your phone during the session. 

Day 3 - meditated from 11:20pm-11:40pm. 

Positives: Sat in one sitting with no distractions. 

Improvements: Meditate earlier in the day and try to be more aware of your thinking process when meditating. 

Day 4: meditated from 7:10-7:30 pm 

Positives: Earlier than yeasterday, but still quite late.

Negatives: Checked my phone once because I was worried if I had even set the timer. Crazy what excuses the mind comes up with to avoid the present moment! 

Day 1 (new beginning)

Meditated 20 minutes today, but I did not do it for the past 3 days or so, I know, but that is my fault. I will still complete the challenge, but this time, I'm starting over from day 1 again. Last time I made it to day 4 and I'm not satisfied with that at all :/

Day 2 - meditated 20 min at 1:30 am on day 3 (I know It's not technically day 2, but who cares. 

Day 3: Meditated 20 minutes from 2:50-3:10pm. 

Day 3 - meditated 20 minutes from 9pm-9:20pm. 

Insight: Today's meditation made me realize how out of touch I am with reality and being. 

Day 4: 

Meditated 20 min from 11:40pm-12pm

During the meditation, I was sitting outside in a chair on my balcony, admiring the universe and life itself. It hit me that it is such a miracle at all that experience as a whole exists and how blessed I'm to be alive.

Definetly doing more outdoor meditations like this one in the future. 

Day 6: 

Update: The third time I wrote day 3 in this topic, I actually should have written day 4. This means the current day 4 is in fact day 5 and today is day 6. 

Note to self: Since the summer vacation is over and I will be entering my  second year of highschool, I figured it would be a good idea to meditate in the morning. It will make me calmer throughout the day and give me more mental clarity, allowing me to study more effectively. 

Day 7:

Meditated 20 minutes from 8am-8:20am

Glad I decided to meditate in the morning today especially since it had an amazing impact on my day. Felt a lot less stressed out, but was still pretty stressed/nervous since it was the first day of school after summer break. Right now, I just want to continue this meditation streak and install the habit permanently so I can focus on other important habits. But I know I have to be patient and dedicate myself to this project, otherwise I will just backslide like I have in the past...

Hey thanks for this, gave me an idea  me to use this forum also as meditation diary rather than to write it in a notebook after I meditate.

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

@Milos Uzelac

Glad I could help :D

I feel like having a journal on a forum keeps me more accountable because if I backslide, it feels like I've let the viewers of my journal down (along with myself). So it keeps me more motivated to stay consistent. Hopefully, it will have the same effect on you!