Hero in progress

You Need To Know Some Very Important Things, Ignore At Your Own Peril!

14 posts in this topic

So If you are serious about being fully enlightened, you are going to come to a point. Where this information will be your guide. I am writing this because you need this! 

The secret of the golden flower is going to guide you to the heavenly heart or heavenly consciousness. If you don't follow the instructions you will be in trouble.

One thing you guys have got to realise is that this is not a game. When it really comes down to the crunch  Shit is going to get real.

I write this from my own conscious experience.

First insight I want to share is this-

What we call the "mind" is the self aswell, the self is a distinction in the mind. So basically we can call it Self/mind. 

This self mind is not contained in the head like we usually assume, it is contained in the eyes. When you next look at someone from a outside perspective watch when they think, you will see that the eyes move around and its as if they are being shown something from the inside screen of the eyes. This is one confirmation, but there's is a more direct way to realise this. 

After you have had a deep enough enlightenment, infinity or emptyness is contained in the eyes, your job is to circulate this light or you are not going to have a good time.

SecretGoldenFlower.pdf 

Good luck 

Could you talk a bit more on how this text has helped your practice?  By the way it seems the version you posted is not the best translation, there is a more recent version translated by Thomas Cleary.

@Real Eyes

Its just a free PDF that I found, there may well be a more accurate version. 

As for my own experience, I don't think I should talk about it. There would be too much to explain.

Put it this way, Infinity (what you are) can be heavenly or your worst nightmare. I have recently been through both versions and I feel this text helped me to reach the lighter version. 

Edited by Hero in progress

@Hero in progress

Well enlightenment or awakening is always peaceful because that is it's very nature.

It's the ego's resistance that can make it hell 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Hero in progress I've had one, it was one that lasted for about a day or so. So nothing too big.

Before I experienced the hell that comes with a resisting ego. Physical pain, Emotionally and mentally overwhelmed

When I got past this though I felt all identifactions drop, and a huge peace was inside my heart

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I am so happy to hear that. Keep going there's always deeper. And yeah your right the agony comes from ego, a separate self that is terrified by the magnitude of infinity. This is what  basically happened to me. I have surrendered to the absolute before. But this time it overwhelmed me so much because its infinite, that is to say the deeper I surrender into myself I am shown more infinity and this time the ego was in torture for a while. I went into nature for hours and just remember witnessing my self crying and praying. My call was answered by the love of this profound existence.

@Hero in progress That is beautiful <3

I'm in a difficult period right now, I  am attached to entertainment and I feel so much turmoil inside of me

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V

What kind of entertainment are you attached too?

And have you identified the cause of your turmoil? It can't be just because you like watching TV or something, surely? 

@Hero in progress Watching shows really, thats the only things that's left. I've cut out all the other stuff

I really like watching a good show though, I get so immersed in the characters, the story, etc. 
Normally this doesn't cause anything, but I've been watching a lot more than usual.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Surely you don't want to deny yourself the Game of Thrones episode, right? :)

@Hero in progress  Thank you for an interesting pdf. Could you point to what should be the focus when reading it?

I think the second page is quite good. Let's contemplate on some quotes, shall we?

The work on the circulation of the light depends entirely on the backward-flowing movement

What might be that backward-flowing movement that is supposed to gather the thought? I suspect... a self-inquiry process? Will Ramana Maharshi's methods be sufficient?

Therefore you have only to make the light circulate: that is the deepest and most wonderful secret.

What else could he mean? Could that light be the Qi ? Maybe Qigong is a good method?

If one practices the circulation of the light, one must forget both body and heart. The heart must die, [so] the spirit [can] live. When the spirit lives, the breath will begin to circulate in a wonderful way.

If breath is the key... Pranayama comes to mind. The instruction to forget the heart is kind of inspiring. Until now I thought only about forgetting the body/mind. If heart is included it means that absolutely everything needs to be surrendered (or forgotten).

Edited by LetTheNewDayBegin

@Outer Haha yeah when you put it that way it doesn't sound very nice, but I assure you my friend that statement comes from compassion only and not a state of arrogance. 

I never said do what "I" say, your paraphrasing. What I said is follow what the sutras say. These masters are hardcore and know what they are talking about. 

@Max_V

Dont beat yourself up about it. Enjoy your life. And if that means you like watching some TV sometimes that's okay. As long as its not getting to much in the way of your growth & pursuit of truth.

@LetTheNewDayBegin

I love your inquiring approach, I am happy to go through these with you.

First of all these sutras are very mysterious, a lot of metaphor is used.

I am going to go through it again, to get more clarity. I will comment on this further tomorrow because I don't want to mislead anyone.