Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pure Imagination

What Are Human Beings?

6 posts in this topic

This point is something that has really been on my mind lately. I feel like I have established pretty clearly that reality is all there is. Reality basically is composed of sensory perceptions, thoughts, and nothingness. It is strange to me however, that there are other human beings in my direct experience that seem to be having their own version of reality. If there is only one reality, then how does one explain the seemly billions of different realities that exist (and even more if you include all sentient life)? It seems that their realities are just as valid as what I am experiencing. So if it seems like other humans are experiencing something similar to what I am experiencing, is there more to reality than what just I can perceive?

Does that make sense? If not I can try to clarify a little better.

Our mind is just a small window opening towards the vast universe, but when you look always from the window, the frame of the window frames the sky outside -- although there is no frame on the sky, it is frameless. But to your perception the frame of the window becomes the frame of existence.

It is something like... once in a while it happens to people who use glasses that they have their glasses on their nose and they are looking for them. And they have even forgotten that they cannot see without the glasses, so if they are looking and seeing, it is an absolute certainty that the glasses are in place.

But if you have been using glasses for years, slowly, slowly they become part of you, they become your eyes. You don't think of them as separate from you. But each pair of glasses can give its own color to the things it sees. You are the seer behind -- the glasses cannot see themselves. Things outside don't have the color that the glass is imposing upon them, but you have become so identified with the glasses.

I used to live with a man -- he was a very nice man -- who had glasses from his very childhood, and now they had become thicker and thicker. He was so accustomed to them that he would go to sleep with his glasses on. When one day I saw him sleeping with the glasses on, I woke him and said, "This is too much! Do you need these glasses for dreams? You can see dreams without glasses."

He became aware that he had completely forgotten that those glasses were separate from him. For fifty years continuously they have been there, and he cannot see without them, so even to go to his bed he has to use them, and slowly, slowly, he started sleeping with his glasses on.

His whole world depends on his glasses: if they are green, everything will look green; if they are blue, everything will look blue; and he will believe that what he is seeing cannot be wrong.

Man's mind also is only an instrument. The glasses are outside the skull -- the mind is inside the skull, so you cannot turn it off every day. And you are so close to it within, that the very closeness has become the identification, so that whatever the mind sees is thought to be the reality. But mind cannot see the reality; mind can see only its own prejudices. It can see its own projections displayed on the screen of the world.

You don't see the world as it is. You see it as your mind forces you to see it. And this you can see all over the world -- different people are conditioned in different ways, and the mind is nothing but conditioning. They see things according to their conditioning -- and that conditioning is a certain color.

We make distinctions: We make somebody superior, somebody inferior; man is more powerful, woman is less powerful; somebody is more intelligent, somebody is less. Races have been claiming they are the chosen people of God. Every religion is claiming that their book is written by God himself. All these things, layer upon layer, make your mind; and unless you are able to put the whole mind aside and see the world directly, immediately, with your consciousness, you will never be able to see the truth.

Mind is polluted by every society for its own interests, given ideas which have no correspondence with reality, but help a certain society to feel egoistic, superior. And you cling to the mind because that mind gives superiority to you too.

In this world the greatest courage is to put the mind aside. The bravest man is one who can see the world without the barrier of the mind, just as it is. It is tremendously different, utterly beautiful. There is nobody who is inferior and there is nobody who is superior; there are no distinctions.

The finding of the real will release you from many stupidities, many superstitions. It will clean your heart of all kinds of rubbish that generations have poured into you. Diseases go on from generation to generation; you inherit the whole past with all its stupid ideas. Otherwise, there would be no distinction, there is no comparison.

And once you are free from making comparisons and distinctions, you are light, your whole existence is light. You lose all heaviness. You become so light that you can open your wings and fly.

Osho ~ The Transmission of the Lamp

What is a man? (flings wine glass aside) A miserable little pile of secrets!

@Pure Imagination Highly recommend:

Being Human: An Entheological Guide to God, Evolution and the Fractal Energetic Nature of Reality 

You live in separate realities partially because most of us don't have a strong form of telepathy. I would also say because people have different genetics which makes us predisposed to certain traits.

Edited by AstralProjection