Max_V

Life Goes By Fast

5 posts in this topic

Suddenly I had this realization. I've been alive for 17 years already, it was over with the flick of a finger. 

It creates this fear that I have to do valuable things every day, every hour, every minute, otherwise this life is wasted.

Whenever I watch a movie or simply do nothing, I feel a neurotic tendency to do something. I want some relief of this, I want to be able to give myself space so I can relax once in a while too.

How do I create this within myself 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I feel the same and I'm 21. I think it's the mind playing tricks on you. If you want peace from this than just try to remain mindful of this fear when it occurs, over time it tends to fizzle out and not bother you as much. Your still young, you still have a whole lifetime to live. Try not to overwhelm yourself and contemplate your death alot, this seems to help me.

@Max_V Time? The ego creates the passing of time as an illusory foundation for itself.  Ego is just as unreal as the time that ego 'seemingly' passes through.

Welcome to the path of enlightenment. 

That "Flick of a finger" that you speak of is not just a blink as it may seem. That is where infinity starts. If you let go of the ego existing in time for one moment and trust in something greater, you will see it for yourself. What is infinite is outside of time. What is finite can only exist within the confines of time. Expand your view of what true reality has always been. It is far more than just "you".  And 'you' are far more than just a body kicking around within time.

2 hours ago, Max_V said:

Suddenly I had this realization. I've been alive for 17 years already, it was over with the flick of a finger. 

It creates this fear that I have to do valuable things every day, every hour, every minute, otherwise this life is wasted.

Whenever I watch a movie or simply do nothing, I feel a neurotic tendency to do something. I want some relief of this, I want to be able to give myself space so I can relax once in a while too.

How do I create this within myself 

Well, you are in the right place with these types of questions!  Creating space within is what finding your true self is. Mooji in this video points once more to that place of freedom, no further than where you are now. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Thanks a lot to all of you guys!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus