Gavalanche

Clarification On Heroism / Morality

3 posts in this topic

So, I get that there's no real "Good" or "Bad" and that morality is pretty much a cultural, subjective phenomenon...

However, I seem to keep coming across the notion that; while on one hand it doesn't matter what anyone does, ultimately, really the only way you can do "good" in the world is by becoming more conscious.

I've heard Leo allude to this in many instances; like saying in the rant on morality vid, that without morality, he's actually more moral (by society's definition) (apologies if I'm mis-remembering exactly what he said). Why is that the case? Also in the "What it means to be a Real Hero" vid, he mentions that the true heroes are the saints and sages. I've watched a few times and must still be missing something... why is it the case that the saints and sages are the true heroes, if there is no good and bad? What is it about them that makes them heroic and how are they helping?

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in this because I love everything about heroism and witnessing any sort of heroic act is usually what brings me to tears, instead of typical sad scenes in films / TV shows etc. I've always felt like the compassionate ones are the ones we should be trying to emulate, as opposed to the "successful" business types and so on. The main metric I go by is suffering - even if there's no good or bad, I still ideally want to reduce suffering in the world. I guess I'm just wondering if there is any sort of universal truth behind that approach or is it just a personal preference of certain people?

Along the same lines, why is unconsciousness deemed "bad" (or less desirable) and consciousness "good" (or more desirable) - by spiritual folks who also acknowledge that good and bad don't exist? What's the metric for the desirability? For example, if a philanthropic business man uses his money to cover some sick kid's life saving surgery and a seasoned mystic does the same thing - one is coming from a place of lower consciousness and the other from higher consciousness - why is low conscious guy's behaviour considered less "good" than the other's? (Slightly contrived example) :P

I feel like the world needs more consciousness, but is it true that it does, or is it merely subjective preference?
Why does pursuing and attaining more consciousness / becoming enlightened, make one heroic? Why is it so much more beneficial to the world?
Is the ego capable of performing any heroic acts, or do all acts of compassion come from the higher self?

Sorry for all the questions. I feel like this topic is close to my heart and deeply connected to my life purpose. If I knew exactly why following the spiritual path is the way to do the greatest good / become a true hero - I think I'd have an easier time following it with more drive and intention.

Thanks!

Good and bad are mental fabrications.

But becoming conscious of the Truth will melt your heart.

Everything that human beings call "bad" is really just various forms of selfishness. When you stop having a self, it will be harder to do "bad" stuff simply because your selfish impulses get de-fanged at high levels of consciousness. When you're deeply conscious, you have no need to act selfishly. And so others see you as a "saint". But really, you're just cognizant of reality, that's all.

When you finally cognize Absolute Infinity, you'll be shocked at how loving it is. You'll drown in its love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I truly hope to get there someday. Thanks Leo!