Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The White Belt

The More You See Things Objectively = The Better Your Life Is?

4 posts in this topic

Is this right?

It feels like it.

E.G. After months of meditation, I see my feelings, beliefs, projections onto everything more and more, and I see the thought stories are subjective, and for the most part untrue. Yet when I can see this I can move towards a more objective view, and this objective view just wields way better results and makes me happier in the moment as well as in the long run.

Thoughts?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@The White Belt  oh yeah, you are so right about this. I'm an emotional person so I tend to put my heart into eeverything rather than my brain. And such an emotional existence is actually very painful. Ordinarily we should have emotions because that's what makes us human however we almost always take our emotions too far and start overreacting and don't realize it. The same situation or problem could have been solved easily by thinking rather than feeling. 

Most people who meditate realize this early on whereas those who don't meditate remain stuck in the cycle of thoughts and emotions and are unaware how the same thoughts and emotions they're giving so much power to are slowly eating them up and not only is such rumination and emotional involvement a huge waste of time but it is also a big distraction from main goals and a source of inner distress. 

such behavior in long term can lead to depression and distorted perception of the environment around you. 

Without meditation it takes a long time to come to the same realization.

@The White Belt Thanks for sharing your insight.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@The White Belt

7 hours ago, The White Belt said:

Is this right?

It feels like it.

E.G. After months of meditation, I see my feelings, beliefs, projections onto everything more and more, and I see the thought stories are subjective, and for the most part untrue. Yet when I can see this I can move towards a more objective view, and this objective view just wields way better results and makes me happier in the moment as well as in the long run.

Thoughts?

Yes.  The next step is to be the Truth.  Awareness and being merge into one.  That's true bliss.  This is accomplished by simply realizing that that's what you already are.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 hours ago, The White Belt said:

Is this right?

It feels like it.

Thoughts?

Your right. Viewing things objectively is like thinking in a detached way. This is good, it's the goal of meditation.