Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

The Work Of Byron Katie

6 posts in this topic

Can I use the work of Byron Katie for enlightenment? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise It's more focused on working through emotions than directly going for enlightenment.

If you have a lot of emotional baggage, it can be great to clear that out.

But if you really want to go straight for enlightenment, I think self-inquiry/mindfulness practice will be more effective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Given that 'the work' creates another mental framework for understanding emotions and reality - it is possible that it becomes yet another barrier in the long run because if you become attached to it or create your identity around it, then it is one more thing that needs to be surrendered. Clearing emotions goes a tremendous way towards increasing happiness, reducing mental chatter and increasing consciousness, clarity and insight. If you can turn the same release mechanism illumined in her work ultimately towards ALL aspects of life, including sense of self and all belief systems no matter how subtle (ie. I am healing. I have thoughts. I exist.) than it's possible. 

At any rate it's a highly practical tool for ascending in consciousness and making life easier so I'd suggest it

Edited by Arman