Cuore

What Have You Got Out Of This Forum? - Hello!

11 posts in this topic

Hello people!

This is my first post on this forum. I found this place a few weeks ago and since then I've been reading threads, journals, the rules, Leo's web... etc, until I've decided to join the conversation.

I'm actually very happy for having found this forum, because there really was a lack of a good one over the internet. Yet, due to, let's say... past experiences, I can't help but have my mind say to me: it's worthless, you're not getting anything out of here, these people couldn't care less, it won't work as nothing does, something will happen and you'll abandon the forum... In essence: everything's pointless.

So, I want to break the ice with one question. For those of you who have been hanging around here for a while:

What have you got out of interacting on this forum?

Thanks & see you around!

this forum helps me to mature my comprehension about what spiritual enlightenment really is and what it is not as it teaches me about the nature of the human suffering.

this forum also helps me to improve the teachings i provide to help people around me. i can see my teachings becoming simpler and more effective.

unborn Truth

This forum helped me to learn social dynamics and things that I was not very aware of before like shadow work, jhanaa meditation, enlightenment stuff. I had no idea about enlightenment before joining. After being here I am better at distinguishing high conscious from low conscious behavior. I was not even aware of a lot of the new age spiritual gurus and teachers. This forum introduced me to Adyashanti and now he is my favorite. Before joining the only ones I knew were Sadguru,Osho and Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

It helps me exercise my patience with people stuck in repetitive monkey mind nonsense.

Major progress on path to enlightenment.  I wouldn't be able to do it without the shaping of people here.  You need feedback and inquiry for enlightenment work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Cuore Things become pointless if you don't work on it. So remember: It works if you work it.

This forum allows us to find out what exactly we need to work on for self-development.

Currently, I have gone back to the lower parts of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. I now need to change my physiological needs to overcome  a health issue. I am sure some forum members will help me find out what I need to work on in that regard.

It's where I met like-minded people. Where I am now it's very hard to find people that I can relate to, so I am forever grateful for this forum and all the wonderful souls here :)

''Firmness in Love" 

I like it because different perspectives seem to provide a greater level of context for the human journey which can be a useful compass and also a way to understand your own experiences of past and present, and to a lesser degree what you might expect for the future. 

lotsa things! advice! not just to the answers i question but also to the answers other people question. 

did my grammar suck there? I am tired. lol at me.