Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuteCornDog

2017 Mental Health Professionals In Orange County Florida Suck

6 posts in this topic

Dyslexia is a mental disorder that affects your ability to read a book. Who diagnoses this? Psychotherapists.

Language Processing Disorder is a mental disorder that affects your ability to talk to your family. Who diagnoses this? Neuropsychologists once you get to know them.

Borderline Personality Disorder is a mental disorder that affects your ability to work a job. Who diagnoses this? Neuropsychologists at the beginning of you getting to know them.

Bipolar I is a mental disorder that affects your power over other people. Who diagnoses this? Psychiatrists.

Everything I've diagnosed myself with.

I simply don't have enough money to have professionals diagnose me the right way.

Plus a lot don't do what they're supposed to do.

I'm not as stable as everyone thinks I am, and no one has any empathy for me when it comes to touching.

Mental Health Professionals are scam artists if you ask me.

Doctors who are not Mental Health Professionals are people who go far with school. I'm NOT one of those people, but I respect them.

They don't do well with the opposite sex like me.

I do well with making the opposite sex appreciate me aesthetically.

INFJ's. Make the best Psychotherapists.

ESTP's. Make the best Neuropsychologists.

ENTJ's. Make the best Psychiatrists.

INFJ equals my neighbor Mike.

ESTP equals my neighbor Donna.

ENTJ equals me.

When I studied Health Science at uni, everybody in the class could identify with many of the symptoms found in the different mental disorders. Many would say "Oh my god, I've got this and I've got that". But that was not the case at all.

The book that described these symptoms was called the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), now the DSM-V. The difference between self diagnosis, and by those trained to do it, is to know what to look for as guided by the DSM. Mostly it is about the number or range of symptoms, and their consistency over a period of time. Example, many people may undergo certain symptoms for a few days or weeks and then get over it, and the symptoms may come back later on, or it might be only a few symptoms all the time. These may not be regarded as problematic. However, if a large number of symptoms persist for a longer period (say three or more months) then it may be problematic. That is, they may need a change in environment, or medication to get over it, since normal circumstances have not shown any improvement.

Who makes these diagnosis criteria? Basically the people who suffer from the mental disorders. They are the ones with the symptoms, and over many years of monitoring and research, the health professional were able to recommend what is, or not, regarded as problematic.

These days almost everyone gets diagnosed as bipolar, depressed. Mental health experts are not even ready to delve deeper into the causes of it. For example, someone might be going through a financial crisis and is unhappy for some time, they need a resolution for their problems but when they go to the psychiatrist, they're instead handed a clinical prescription.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Yes, I went to do an intake with a psychiatrist. 

The first question he asked was, " So, you have anxiety problems?" I said " Yes, I believe so.." 

Then after that he asked me if I was autistic, if I had a specific condition, I said " No, nothing extraordinary." 

He finished up with, " You are not someone I can treat. Fear is part of life, some have it more than others." Then he said he could prescribe me medication, but that's all.

After I said I had nothing out of the ordinary, he treated me a different way, like I was not good enough for him.

I mean isn't all this so wrong? 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I don't even believe a good handful of the populous (including patients on SSRI's themselves) even realize the detriment that these serotonin/dopamine re-uptake inhibitors can cause for individuals who really aren't in dire chemical imbalances for most of their lives. Majority of psychiatrists make an educated guess and basically just experiment around with these medications hoping that some combination lands and works, which could be dangerous but makes sense in the field i suppose. I remember going through a major depressive episode in my late teens and being prescribed and trying different SSRI's and experiencing some heavy tremors, and awful sensory experiences while it was messing with my nervous system. Since then I have been moving towards alternative medicine and natural diet which has basically brought me back to a state of equilibrium and well-being; while the effects had astonished me, the fact that only so few know about natural healing and it's abilities floored me. I look back and notice how the situation had been made worse by the pharmaceuticals and how it basically numbed my emotions and nervous system while putting a band-aid over the deeper issue at hand. 

It really does seem like the fields of psychology and psychiatry are full of a lot of quackery. Even after having an interest in studying in parts of clinical psychology, there methods of analysis and treatment does have some very noticeable flaws.