Mondsee

For Those Who Claim To "love Unconditionally"...

51 posts in this topic

Show them this article, and ask them if they can relate.

Haha to love unconditionally you need to be able to hug wholeheartedly Stalin and Hitler, a rapist or a terrorist, and love them as your best friends, or as much as a kid loves his mum.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

I have not read the article. However, to love unconditionally is to only love the truth. Unconditional love only comes from truth, otherwise the love would come from what is untrue (deceptive and self seeking). So, what ever truth (not facts) you may find in a person, like those mentioned, is what is loved. The rest is not acknowledged as true, but as untrue acts or beliefs of a person who at those times were deluded.

It is similar to a parent who loves their child though they may not like what they do, or have done. Or loving the sweat aroma of a deadly flower.

In my first hand experience there is no such thing as unconditional love. If I said otherwise,  I will be a bullshitter.

See the post above already states that the condition for "unconditional" love is truth. 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

What are you saying ? There is no such thing as unconditional love. Ha. How can it be. D. It does exist. Look around. There's so much unconditional love. Look in your journal. Its everywhere.You have to open your eyes to receive it.

Well there is something rather than nothing I guess :) But is it much to ask for peace and quiet? Is it much to ask to be in equilibrium with our environment? I really hate where Ego is taking humanity.  I despise computers, while addicted to them and having to work with them.

I am always feeling like a fish forced to climb trees.  I just want peace and quiet. I think I've decided to quit my job.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Of course there is unconditional love. It's a quality of who everyone is. Doesn't mean you have to be friends with everyone. You can love them, but you don't have to spend a lot of time with them.

@Toby  Depends what the definition of love is. 

Only my mother has proven to love me unconditionally by my definition of love. Trust me there have been many conditions to trigger the opposite. 

I've also heard the flashy "you are love" a lot, and it's a nice belief to have, but I don't like believing.

Edited by Dodo

I cannot really believe that you never experienced unconditional love first hand in meditation and recognized that it is an intrinsic part of you. I don't know I somehow assume that everyone at least had a glimpse of it.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

I cannot really believe that you never experienced unconditional love first hand in meditation and recognized that it is an intrinsic part of you. I don't know I somehow assume that everyone at least had a glimpse of it.

I don't even know what it means to have a glimpse of something and know it is the truth.  Always raises my third eyebrow when I read about this certain knowing in spiritual books.

For me whatever I experience in or outside meditation is just this, an experience and it doesn't prove to me anything for certain. How can it?

5 hours ago, Mondsee said:

Show them this article, and ask them if they can relate.

Haha to love unconditionally you need to be able to hug wholeheartedly Stalin and Hitler, a rapist or a terrorist, and love them as your best friends, or as much as a kid loves his mum.

It's not because you love someone inconditionally, that you don't make them understand that what's they are doing is stupid as fuck.

You can  still love intensely someone and still breaking up, because there is too much abuse (or any other reasons).

It's not because you love baby Hitler inconditionally that you would let him kill millions if you have the power to resist him in some ways.
If you love inconditionally, that also means you love everyone else too, and you would want to save them from the mental turmoil of loss, slavery etc..., maybe even kill Hitler if that was possible (despite you loving him).

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Well unconditional love also includes tough love which means that when someone does something wrong, they need to be shown the right path. 

So when your mother loves you unconditionally she really wants the best for you and so when she gets angry at you, she is still reflecting her unconditional love for you, the only thing is she wants you to do the right thing. 

So unconditional love will teach the rapist to not rape and to not kill. Punishment is also a part of the same love.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

14 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Well unconditional love also includes tough love which means that when someone does something wrong, they need to be shown the right path. 

So when your mother loves you unconditionally she really wants the best for you and so when she gets angry at you, she is still reflecting her unconditional love for you, the only thing is she wants you to do the right thing. 

So unconditional love will teach the rapist to not rape and to not kill. Punishment is also a part of the same love.

I know about that, my mother has been showing me a lot of tough love too. I've hated her for it too and I still resent her for pushing me so much to "succeed".

I keep on pushing her away, she keeps on giving love. No, I'm sorry, there's no such thing as unconditional love. Maybe only from parent to child is the only love that can come close or actually is this.

But it's not unconditional because the condition is to be related. See what I mean? :-D 

All other love is fakery, wishful thinking or simply attachment 

Edited by Dodo

18 minutes ago, Loreena said:

If I have to believe everything the spiritual books say like I am love, i am God the creator, then unconditional love created the raper in the first place.

Unconditional love is perverted and therefore could probably at the same time be called unconditional hate, because it created all illusion and negativity too.

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Once you see it is all you, it's all very funny and you love it all. 

God's the best kind of schizo

@Mondsee

rumi-love-seek-barriers.jpg

Understand the significants of this, ∆ YOU as a separate isolated distinction, that is wired to survive & persist can't love Hitler! You will of course have biases, and limited ways of looking at the world through perception & mind. But ones true nature is far away from these limited ways of seeing things.

f004c6faaea5b0cb85fb30db2c8aa2a8.jpg  

@Mondsee You may find on your path that you can hug Stalin and Hitler, a rapist or a terrorist, and love them as your best friends, as you love yourself ;)  by no resisting the natural course of life - love, you will find this so called unconditional love. 

''Firmness in Love" 

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Mondsee I love you!

Prove it, do something for him and everyone else you say you love. Love on words is the easiest thing. 

A true gesture of love is to help those who are down. Like trully if you loved them unconditionally you would spare no expense to make their life amazing for the price of your even.