WaterfallMachine

Any Tips To Determination Sitting?

3 posts in this topic

Ever since I was a kid, I've been the type to fidget all the time. Leg jumping. Tapping a pen. Rocking back and forth. Hell, even having the random urge to go jump around. You name it.

So you can imagine how hard it is to do a meditation that's dedicated to not moving.

I tried bringing more awareness on the specifics of the sensation of the urge to move. I also tried acting like I've felt all this for the first time — trying not to see the sensations as good or bad. Both seem to help — but eh, I still move too frequently during the practice. 

Any more ideas?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

The first few times are really, really hard. I remember the first time when I sat for 10 minutes, and after that I just wanted to die :D. Now, after 10 months, I can sit for 1 hour cross-legged without any resistance.

As Leo says in his videos, the most important thing is the daily-habit.

If you really struggle with it, do for 1 minute at first, then 2 minutes, 3 .....and so on. Always do baby steps. Don't try to push to hard.

The results will come in the next months and I guarantee you the results will be HUGE.

Yes, I can talk from experience ( I have ADD ) that, if practiced consistently, you will be able to sit for 1 hour + in stilness. If you slowly build up your practice time, and bring awareness to the desire to move, you will get better and better at it.

Don't be so hard on yourself :) have fun with it too, you are growing yourself! 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus