TJ Reeves

A Critique Of Actualized.org Followers Regarding Social Isolation

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Loreena said:

No it's not bad. Its a bonus. But how do you develop a good ego and at the same time try to transcend it through non-duality. It's like a paradox, confusing and contradictory. So I wanted to know how you go about it in practice ??

If one seeks to do both, develop the ego and transcend it, it isn't as contradictory as it would seem, what it entails is to develop the ego in such a way that it is conducive to transcending it.

7 hours ago, Annetta said:

However those who are considered different or weird do not have a place within society, and society certainly reminds us outcasts of this every day.

Why do you want a place within society ? Society cannot tolerate somebody who is rebellious, because he will destroy the whole structure.

@SOUL That is actually beautiful, thanks for stating it this way 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In isolation, it's easy to get lazy and start to devolve into a goblin-like creature talking to himself.

It's like lennon said...

You know what I'm trying to say?

*click*

On 7/17/2017 at 3:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

Generally speaking, ANY fear you've got, you cannot keep sweeping under the rug in this whole self-actualization process. You're gonna have to tackle it head on at some point. The sooner the better.

So if you have fears about socialization or relationships, it's a good idea to work through those, rather going into isolation. Isolation can be misused by the ego just like any other tool. Isolation can be used as an escape from all sorts of issues like relationship problems, business problems, etc.

In isolation, it's easy to get lazy and start to devolve into a goblin-like creature talking to himself.

Oh yes, absolutely. Unless you're legitimately doing inner work in that isolation, it's another escape.

On 7/16/2017 at 11:36 PM, Max_V said:

@Markus That is what I'm doing. I'm growing my consciousness and at the same time working on myself. 

It might be a weird way, growing your ego while also learning how to transcend it, but I feel like this is the right way for me.

I don't think it's weird at all. If you examine all these different techniques, from self-inquiry, meditation to different self-help practices,  they're all about making you more aware. There isn't really a contradiction. Especially with shadow work, which is absolutely about awareness.