Benefits Of Waking Up Early

28 posts in this topic

@The Alchemist Certainly starving oneself, or depriving oneself of sleep would be very difficult for the ego, but not healthy for the body at all. If you find it difficult to get up it's probable you're either adjusting to a new rhythm or are sleep-deprived. If you choose to start getting up earlier, it'll be hard at first but eventually as easy as getting up whenever you're getting up now, which means the only "benefit" is temporary.

As said about the hangover effect,... I have to approve. I've been working shift for some months now and that REALLY messes you up, like always having a heavy head. Not being able to thing celarly etc. 

Get a routine is probabl the most important thing. That way your body get the habit. I don't think it makes a big difference what you choose as long as you choose a routine that you stick with.  I

Waking up early is one of the best habits any person could possibly develop for a happier and more successful life. 

When you wake up earlier there isn´t all rush and noise all over you and you can think, plan and visualize your day. 

You can do some work that you can´t do in the night (because you´re tired). 

You´re much sharp, happier much more productive and on and on. 

You add a few hours to your day, so your efficiency is much higher. 

I created a Free Ebook on Morning Routine where I mentioned 7 activities most successful and productive people do every morning. 

If you´re interested just PM me and I´ll send it to you.  

Some of us are genetically more prone to be better at early wake ups and early starts while other are better and getting up late and staying up later. 

Evolutionary, this would ensure that there were only minimal hours where the entire tribe was sleeping and otherwise one or the other group was awake protecting the group....or so does the guy in "Why we sleep" say..could be bollocks :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Waking up early makes me feel like i have control over my destiny.

If i wake up past 9pm, i feel lazy!

Building good morning infrastructure for me has taken a lot longer than i expected.

Right now, i'm waking up around 8am and getting ready for class and school.

Although, i would like to bring that time down 30 minutes every 2-3 weeks or so.

Waking up at 5am regularly is a goal of mine this year! 

52 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Waking up early makes me feel like i have control over my destiny.

If i wake up past 9pm, i feel lazy!

Building good morning infrastructure for me has taken a lot longer than i expected.

Right now, i'm waking up around 8am and getting ready for class and school.

Although, i would like to bring that time down 30 minutes every 2-3 weeks or so.

Waking up at 5am regularly is a goal of mine this year! 

What time you planning to get to sleep if you're waking up at 5am crazy boy?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder is finally being acknowledged by science.

https://www.inverse.com/article/53324-night-owls-morning-larks-study

Your symptoms are all familiar to me. Times when I managed to go to bed early, I just end up waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall asleep again. I really enjoyed going outside for a walk in the morning, but later on felt generally shitty and just 'not all there' in a bad way. Even when circumstances should have forced me to have a normal sleep schedule, like when I had jury duty 2 years ago, I just ended up sleeping 4 hours a night and became a walking zombie. 

But when I fall asleep at 2AM or later, I'm able to sleep until morning with little interruption, and usually can fall back asleep after getting up to piss. So when I do manage to get a consistent sleep schedule, it's around 2-10AM. Can never be sure if it's a natural circadian rhythm, or it got fucked up from when I worked closing shifts and stayed up late watching TV or on the computer so many nights. In my direct experience though, it feels intensely unnatural for me to even think about going to bed before midnight ever. 

My philosophy: go to bed when I feel tired enough to fall asleep right away. Tends to work always, unless I had alcohol.