When Someone Says That You Are The Brain Show Them This

TJ Reeves
By TJ Reeves in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
In my research for a little book I'm writing, I came upon a fucking insane article. In france, a man has lived a totally normal life despite missing 90% of his brain.  Here's his brain scan: From the Article: Doctors think the majority of the man's brain was slowly destroyed over the course of 30 years by the build-up of fluid in the brain, a condition known as hydrocephalus. He'd been diagnosed with it as an infant and treated with a stent, but it was removed when he was 14 years old, and since then, the majority of his brain seems to have been eroded. But despite his minimal remaining brain tissue, the man wasn't mentally disabled - he had a low IQ between 75 to 84, but was working as a civil servant. He was also married with two children, and was relatively healthy.  "Any theory of consciousness has to be able to explain why a person like that, who's missing 90 percent of his neurons, still exhibits normal behaviour," Axel Cleeremans, a cognitive psychologist from the Université Libre de Bruxelles in Belgium, told Quartz. There are a few books on Leo's Book List that talk about consciousness and the brain, if you are interested.  For now though, recognize that YOU ARE NOT YOUR BRAIN.  This is important to grasp, because the belief that "you are your brain" is detrimental to personal development work and especially enlightenment work. As long as you equate your true nature with your brain, you will play the Game of Life in Safe Mode.  That's all. Enjoy!
  • 6 replies