Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ry4n

Is There Any Evidence Behind Nlp?

4 posts in this topic

I've looked online, and as far as what has been said about Neuro-linguistic programming's effective for therapy and personal development, it seems that overall there is little evidence for it being effective. I was interested in it at first, but now it seems pointless. Especially when compared with Cognitive-behavioural therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment therapy that have shown much more results (and have made me a better person). Could someone link me to a legitimate study backing up its effective? Any scenario is fine with me; therapy, self development in general, etc.

Of course NLP works. You can try it and see for yourself.

This is the wrong field for which to ask for double-blind studies. Don't confuse academic science with personal development. They have very little to do with each other. The most effective techniques will have zero studies behind them. Such is the state of our culture. This is not a scientific problem. This is a cultural problem.

If you insist on sticking to rigorous science, than you have condemned yourself to the development level of most scientists, which is extremely low. Don't confuse intelligence with development or consciousness. They are very different things.

Scientific psychology is very rudimentary. CTB, etc. It's all very weak stuff compared to the what's available.

One aspect of yourself you need to develop is to be able to just drop this modern preoccupation with science. If you like science, good, but just drop it now. You don't need it here. It's just another ideology. All the proof will be directly visible in your life and your emotional development. YOU are the evidence of the work. And that's all you really care about anyways. Your whole life revolves around you. Including your love for science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Tony Robbin's book "Awaken the Giant Within" is partially influenced by NLP.  I recommend that book.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura hmm, I see what you mean. I think it's more so a fear of wasting my time working with techniques that don't work, because I've done that in the past and it made me pretty frustrated. I'll give a few of the methods a try and see what it does. So far the only techniques I've found to work was a CBT technique, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness meditation. Unfortunately things like affirmations and different ways of thinking never helped me at all, but everyone is different so I can't make the assumption that it's going to work. I guess I am just the kind of person that needs to use pure action to get results, without the help of particular emotions like motivation. Just curious, have you heard of ACT? Any thoughts about it? Sorry hope I didn't ramble too much lol.