Ry4n

How Would You Define Happiness?

7 posts in this topic

Just curious to know how you guys would define happiness? Many see it as simply a state of pleasure that comes from a good life, but that seems rather hedonistic and unhealthy to me.

How I would define happiness: Living life mindfully and in accordance with your deepest values.

Let me know your thoughts though.

imagine the spectrum of your emotions. Complete depression and sadness on one side and excitement on the other. Happiness is being in the middle. It is being content with whatever is without needing to change. It is a state of complete acceptance. 

Even if you feel an emotion on a scale anywhere outside of the "content", it does not influence you, you do not become that emotion, you merely observe it and stay in the middle. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

a state of total magic and flow with the universe, being in tune with emotions and vibrations of reality so rich and high you experience the daily things in life in their divine form...everything becomes unspeakable for it is so satisfying and rich in complexity and love...a moment shared with another is truly mesmerizing to the point where a smile is like an explosion of divinity,you forget everything, completely absorbed in the beauty of another, the beauty of the leaves, the beauty of a story, completely absorbed where there is no thinking, you don't even realize you're not thinking, you're not your body anymore, nor your mind, nor are a you a person going somewhere ,building something, living somewhere, just complete experience, what happens in front of you is so immense you forget everything

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Feeling confident, whole, complete, safe, healthy.

I can't define happiness, but it is a state of being just being like miserable. The closets word I could think of is "content". Although I think that mostly reflects what I think would make me happy, rather then a definition.

Very tough question, although it's something so fundamental, people have been arguing about this for millenia. In my mind, it's something like peace of mind and contentment, childlike joy, but permanent and long lasting, sort of reaching Very deeply. Lately I have been starting to doubt if something like this really exists at all.