Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuteCornDog

Be Honest With Yourself

8 posts in this topic

I find being honest with myself works the best for me, but only with myself. NO ONE ELSE.

i agree it can really help to give you a more clear view or a better Understanding about yourself and about the situation you may find yourself in

kind regards :) 

On 7/11/2017 at 0:27 PM, CuteCornDog said:

I find being honest with myself works the best for me, but only with myself. NO ONE ELSE.

True. However the longer you practice self-honesty that honesty becomes you. And that new you gets shared with others, because it is you. You may end up helping others, without yourself knowing it, to be honest in return.

5 minutes ago, Visitor said:

True. However the longer you practice self-honesty that honesty becomes you. And that new you gets shared with others, because it is you. You may end up helping others, without yourself knowing it, to be honest in return.

I'm Enneagram Type 2. Have you visited 9Types.com?

1 hour ago, CuteCornDog said:

I'm Enneagram Type 2. Have you visited 9Types.com?

No, but I just did.

So helping others, with knowing your own truth, should work very well with you. Mind you, it has taken me many years to be ruthfully honest, accepting it all, changing for the better, and identifying with other peoples truth (though they often are not mindful of it). It is identifying others in myself which bridges the gap (a unity of sorts).

In a nutshell, my self-honesty laid bare my fears, hundreds of them. Now I identify fears much easier in others than they do themselves. Because I will not support their fears, or their denial of them, I simple talk to them as if they did not have those fears. In this way they often let go of what they fear by finding awareness of their own truth of the matter, and the courage to deal with it.

I am a helper too, but do not have most of the things outlined in Type 2, because in my self-honesty I have overcome many of those issues that stem from being fearful.

2 hours ago, Visitor said:

No, but I just did.

So helping others, with knowing your own truth, should work very well with you. Mind you, it has taken me many years to be ruthfully honest, accepting it all, changing for the better, and identifying with other peoples truth (though they often are not mindful of it). It is identifying others in myself which bridges the gap (a unity of sorts).

In a nutshell, my self-honesty laid bare my fears, hundreds of them. Now I identify fears much easier in others than they do themselves. Because I will not support their fears, or their denial of them, I simple talk to them as if they did not have those fears. In this way they often let go of what they fear by finding awareness of their own truth of the matter, and the courage to deal with it.

I am a helper too, but do not have most of the things outlined in Type 2, because in my self-honesty I have overcome many of those issues that stem from being fearful.

Have you watched Connor Manning videos?