Jordan wang

My F****** Excuse

13 posts in this topic

I want to take massive action in life, but I don't have any income.

My parents are fucking conservative, they ask me what I am spending their money on everytime I use their money, and they wouldn't lend it to me if I am taking action with their money.

taking action cost money, and I want to borrow it from my parents. but they won't give anything to me if it contributes to my life purpose because they themselves didn't find their life purpose, they lived lives like two losers not taking any action at all, they don't believe that anything good can happen to me either.

they want me to just go to university (in which I am in) like everyone else, and go out and work at a petty 9-5 job and retire when I am 60 like them.

they want me to be passionate but they don't even know where passion came from, they think that I can get passion from going to SCHOOL!!!!!

I know I am saying a lot of bad stuff about my parents here, I love them for raising me up. But seriously, I hate their negativeness, and the fact that they are trying to restrict me AS MUCH AS possible. Even though I am 19!!!!!

Sometimes I feel like they have fun by restricting me from taking action, from learning more about life and my life purpose. They don't know anything, but they think they know everything.

Should I just go away and live on the streets for a while, just beg for food? 

I mean seriously, I Need money, but I am not going to sell my kidney or anything stupid like that, I won't work at a regular job in which anyone can do.

I am starting a youtube channel to spread my uniqueness and starting a company as well, but I wouldn't make money immediately off of those.

I want to go as far away from them as possible, but they wouldn't support me if I want to do that, and I don't have any money at the moment...

But seriously this parent thing is just a fucking excuse that my mind is telling me, I can break through the chain just just buy a plane ticket to like sahara dessert tomorrow even though I am in the middle of the semester.

Life is boring AF, I feel alive only when I am taking action. But I need to study during school seasons, (which is like: 10 month per year since I am an engineer) And I just feel terrible, I feel like I am wasting my life! I want to DO A BUNCH OF RANDOM SHIT, try everything in life and find my passion, and my niche.

But I'm broke AF, my parents won't support me if I am chasing my passion, and money won't come easily. (I also have no friends because I am soooo fucking weird)

WHAT DO I Do?

#just fucking excuses

Jordan wang

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1w32b0EuoBkLobBkqX65xw?view_as=subscriber

I'm no expert, but I have been following actualized for som months now. Here's my advice:

I think there are many things you can do without money, if you're not already doing it:

- Start meditating, something that over time will make you content in any situation in life, try to train your mind focusing on the present moment. There is no rush.

- Read books. Maybe you have access to free library? Knowledge is key, and there are probably plenty of books that can help you out in your situation.

- Think long term. Look at the big picture. Based on the actions you take now, what will your life look like in 5 years? 

- Try to be creative, do what you think is best given your situation. Maybe working is not a bad strategy after all? If there are no other options, there are no other options. And be optimistic. You said you want to do random stuff. Then, do random stuff, maybe you'll find your life purpose. Build with lego, get some friends to dismantle a computer, if you were into that. And if you feel you can't get friends, well, maybe personal development is not a bad place to start? Watch Leo's videos i.e., and try to implement advice in your life, just listen to people. It could really help.

I don't think going to university is a bad thing. As I said, knowledge is key to a successful career, also in business. At least, you have to develop a skill. Try to accept not having money now, it usually doesn't come before you have even developed a skill or gotten lucky. Result usually comes after years of work with whatever skill or competence you choose to develop. And going to university doesn't make it so you must do a 9-5 job until you're 60.

And last but not least, try to be happy now. Find something you enjoy not for the sake of money, but for the sake of doing what you love, your niche, your life purpose. Enjoy the process. You don't seem to have a very unfortunate state of life compared to many other "successful" people.

Edited by Edvard

Normally a person who pays back their loans, to their parents, can borrow again from them. However, if you have no job, then how are you going to pay them back. It's not prudent for your parents to loan hard earned to someone without income.

Why not do what most others do to get money - work for living. You're just 19, there is plenty of time to save up your money to take massive action in life. But don't be surprised if after all that work, and saving, you may rethink blowing it on some massive action in life you had in mind beforehand. Easy money easily it goes. Hard earned money usually gets spent wisely.

When I was 19 and studying engineering, I had also issues with my family like I want to rebel against them. But it has something to do about the religious beliefs things because I was raised a Catholic sheep and I have been learning so much stuff about unusual things on the internet like in Actualized. haha. Anyway, I was studying engineering at that time on my 5th year, financially dependent from my parents. Honestly, I was not passionate in civil engineering (wrong choice for me), even if i was really good at math, so it was like ive been half assing it. i was just doing what interests me if i had time. just doing lots of stuff and meeting people of different religion and going to far places alone. but there was a point in my life like I had really really lost interest in school. but i just continued it, (i need a job in the future, of course). my intent that time was to earn the degree first and gain some experience of the real world work after 5 yrs of studying. thats my decision even if its not my passion yet. its funny that i gain more freedom from my parents after i had a fight with my mom about my decisions in life like religions and choosing jobs (because my mom was strict, always care about what other people think). After earning a good amount money, thats where my freedom was really felt.

Now, I am 23, a freelance graphic designer (this was really my passion after deep searching), living in a nice city in a good room where I could concentrate on building my career capital, mastering my craft, earning a good money, independent of my parents or other people. But before I got here, I did work as an engineer for 2 years in different construction jobs. My intent was to gain so much life experience to the point that I was really sure of who I am and what I really do not want and what I really want in my life. So I changed my career to the thing I want to be really good at and the thing I am really interested since I was young, it was graphic designing. The preparation of this big change is long enough, that I could financially support myself, and had plenty of time in "transitioning." The money was a big thing, yeah because you want to survive, so you have to make your "attack plan" first before diving into big changes.

I know I was not that near to my life purpose yet, in fact I was just starting on the journey. I really give a lot of respect to Leo for his lessons and insights, such a huge impact on me.

@Jordan wang Of course. So get a job, hustle, and save up your own money to start a business. Don't expect anyone to support your life. You are very lucky your parents give you any money at all. Most people don't get that.

If you are so smart, you should put your smarts towards supporting yourself, earning a living, moving out on your own, becoming fully independent, and having creating business ideas.

If you're so smart, roll up those sleeves and get to work actualizing that smartness. It's easy to talk big, it's another thing to actually do it in the real world, where nobody gives a shit about your dreams.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You want it to be easier. Life is doing that for you but you're not seeing it. For your life to get easier, you must grow & expand. How could you do that without some adversity meeting your desires?  Try to enjoy it! It's not so serious. Look at what you've got. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

if you're good at business you can do what I did. I dropped out of college to do private label on FBA and i'm making some cha ching now. my parents wanted to stop me but they can't do anything because I have money to live by myself now lol. you can make some serious bank, but you gotta be good. read about as much success as you can, study the business hard as fuck, and take massive action

I'm also currently starting the path of becoming economically independent, and it goes without saying that it is ok to work at McDonald's or some other shitty job that you don't want to do for life at the beginning. That is just until you have enough resources to sustain yourself and start something that is more aligned with your values, just don't loose your vision in the process, but it sounds like you won't. Good luck!

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Yeah man grind it out and start at a job that you wouldn't want to work at, but have that purpose that you're striving for that you can turn into a business. Work at that before and after your day job and after about a year you should be seeing solid returns.

@Edvard Knowledge is the key, your are right.

But if I don't apply the knowledge that I've learned, it's like as if I haven't learned it at all, what is the use of that?

If I am in university just for the sake of being "smarter and more knowledgable" and learning useless materials that doesn't matter to me anyways, what is the fun in that?

For example, I am an Engineering major, I like what I can do with engineering which is create my own stuff, build and design whatever I want with it, but learning all those theory courses really sucks.

For example: All those math courses, like calculus 3, I might not even need to use them even if I am an engineer. 

At the time I'm learning those materials, I know that I wouldn't use it after I learned it, but I just have to force myself to learn it anyway because my parents wants me to get a "degree", take a lot of bullshit courses that doesn't teach me anything useful.

Seriously I hate they way the modern universities are designed, they focus so much on getting money, force students to take courses that are unneccesary.

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

@d0ornokey that's exactly what I'm trying to do right now, I'm taking the next year off so I can take massive action and start my own business.

If it goes well, I might just come back to university after like: 7 years when I need it. Or never at all and just learn engineering by myself.

@Jordan wang You may not know exactly what you will use certain knowledge for, but we live in a complex world, where certain subjects are going to be essential no matter what, like English, history, philosophy, geography, and of course math and science. In the future you are probably, if not definitely going to have to apply advanced technology in any work. Understanding how these technologies work will require science, engineering and math skills, also math that seems unecessary now. And if you don't know what to become yet, what better way of figuring it out than understanding how the world works? In engineering, knowing math is not only extremely useful, but it also trains you mind, and makes you a problem solver. It creates new wireings in you brain to understand complex math problems. This is not a bad quality to have developed moving into the future. The future of business will probably require you to be extremely innovative, so nurture that skill, is my advice.

Edited by Edvard

first, subconsciously, you seem to need approval from your parents. my opinion, first you need to let go of needing to be approved by them. and please don't blame them for being mundane or misunderstanding...because they are complete people with their set of mind just like everybody else.

second, don't let them to have that much power over your life. this doesn't mean you should give up studies and go do whatever you want...for money, just try to get a job. first a simple job, then you will learn how to manage your studies and work and will go for something bigger, meaning more cash. you confidence will rise and your parents will recognize an independent and strong personality in you, so you will earn their respect and they will ease up their control.

third, going to school develops your brain, please listen to Leo's videos about studying, you will find a lot of beneficial information, on how to make studies a part of your self-development regimen.